Sonos is on a journey to be the most sought after audio brand in the world. Our brand and product experiences are changing the way people listen to music, and our job is to bring this experience to more music lovers around the globe. We believe that our customers are the key to unlocking this growth – Sonos owners are passionate about their experience with us.
We are looking for this leader to take this function to the next level through innovative owner engagement programs across all digital channels (web, email, social, app, text, voice, etc.)
Reporting to the Global Senior Director of Digital Experience, your role is to use a combination of insightful data and meaningful content develop strong relationships with our owners while building a next-in-class CRM function at Sonos.
In this role, you will lead the charge to ensure that each Sonos Owner has a highly personalized and engaging journey through everydigital interaction with our brand. This includes evolving Sonos’ segmentation and targeting strategies, automating CRM programs,partnering with Platforms, Product and Data Science teams on new CRM systems and tools, and overseeing all day-to-day operations of Sonos’ communicationchannels.
The ideal candidate has an advanced understanding of CRM best practices and capabilities, a passion for innovating new solutions, and an ability to achieve a long-term “blue sky” vision through short-term wins.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
This role is not for the data-weary. You must be super passionate about data, understand how it works, is mined and can be used to create, optimize and scale CRM programs. This is not an email marketing role. You must also be a savvy marketer who understands modern consumer behaviors, how people interact with content (especially from brands) and what makes a brand communication engaging. This requires a personal and deep understanding of music lovers.
- Partner with Product, Platforms and Insights teams to identify and implement marketing system improvements and automation, and prioritize the omni-channel CRM dev roadmap
- Creatively execute CRM campaigns that drive brand loyalty and advocacy
- Create sophisticated segmentation strategies that lead to journey-based communications streams
- Define new engagement-based KPIs to grow and maintain our owner base
- Champion channel expansion efforts, establishing processes, use cases, reporting, and best practices for each channel
- Develop contact management strategy and provide business requirements to implement and maintain it
- Lead CRM forecasting and reporting
- Broaden the team's impact by actively influencing other senior leaders
- and stakeholders worldwide
Skills You’ll Need
- Passionate about music and technology
- Keen sense of wit
- Deep digital (email, web, social media, app, SMS, etc.) marketingexperience with a focus on CRM
- Experience with and passion for customer experiences that ensure
- Sonos is continuously driving loyalty, brand love, repeat purchase, and advocacy.
- Quantitative expertise to form a deep understanding of what drives owner engagement and why
- Care deeply about finding the most efficient and creative ways to drive brand advocacy.
- Well versed in rapidly evolving digitalmarketing space; marketing technologist familiar with cutting edge products
- Ability to translate strategy into projects and drive project execution
- In-depth understanding of customer journeys and communications touch points
- Demonstrated ability to develop segmentation strategies and drive automation and personalization programs at scale
- Hands-on experience with CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience developing APIs to connect data sources
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, nimble and highly results-driven in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
- Strong people skills
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
- HTML / CSS experience