The Director, Credit Partnership GM is a dynamic, self-motivated, credit leader & general manager who effectively manages strategic partners, embraces the complex and evolving fin tech and lending landscape along with the high demands of complex, large online retailers. This leader in the PayPal Credit business will be responsible for optimizing and growing a significant multi-product credit program with a key strategic partner. This individual will run the program P&L, lead relationship management with the key strategic partner day-to-day, as well manage the point of sale financing & co-branded credit and credit card product optimizations and marketing strategy. This leader will have client facing, business development, credit marketing and finance expertise and will serve as the lead with both our critical partner, our issuing partner, Synchrony and across PayPal on behalf of the consumer credit business.
- Lead day to day interactions and program management with the key strategic partner which includes:
- Building strong relationships with the strategic partner& PayPal Executives that engenders trust, confidence, loyalty.
- Expanding and deepening the partner relationship across organizations including Risk, Marketing, Brand, Advertising, Finance and Analytics.
- Understanding the partner’s pain points, priorities & strategy in order to maximize value of the partnership while ensuring PayPal P&L & customer value.
- Deeply analyzing product, customer, and program behavior and performance to optimize the partnership for growth and customer value.
- Leveraging available performance levers to drive enhanced results.
- Developing and delivering on a multi-year marketing plan leveraging on & off partner channels across the partner’s and PYPL Marketing teams.
- Resolving urgent partner-specific issues by partnering with PayPal cross functional teams including product, legal, finance, marketing, analytics and risk management.
- Partner with Synchrony leadership on the consumer lending value propositions, product roadmap, go-to-market strategy, reporting, analytics & P&L management.
- Partner with PayPal enterprise partner account management and product teams to ensure alignment, customer-driven solutions and integrated approaches that either streamline development timeliness, improve outcomes and/or reduce costs.
- Work in partnership with the product development and management functions to ensure current products meet partner’s customer needs and deliver on commitments.
- Inspire peers, partners and team members by creating followership, serving as an inspiration and manifesting best in class management.
- A business development leader with 10+ years of experience creating commercial business development strategies, managing complex client relationships and growing businesses.
- Deep and varied experience in the consumer lending industry, direct issuer experiencepreferred, co-brand program management a plus.
- A B2C marketer with significant experience creating co-marketing and direct to consumer marketing strategies on and off line.
- Proven ability to manage P&L, develop and oversee a data-based growth strategy that leverages internal and external data sources along with financial inputs to maximize impact and ROI.
- Track record of setting clear, measurable goals, aligning goals with sales, product and marketing teams and delivering on a plan.
- A demonstrated ability to work across organizations and manage diverse stakeholders.
- A student of the payments industry, including a particular passion for online commerce, and overall desire to work on the cutting edge of both technology and retail.
- Superior financial acumen and consumer credit experience.
- Drive for Results: Build a strong and capable organization to deliver on commitments, do more with less and operate with excellence.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate across written and verbal channels early and often, deliver the most important messages, articulate a vision while conveying the path to delivery.
- Extraordinary Team Player: Effective lateral or cross-boundary (peer) relationships, partner management experienced required.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.