We are actively seeking a Director of Credit & Collections. The role is responsible for the effective management of the credit and collection functions to ensure Company policies, guidelines and strategies are followed. This position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, which includes the consistent application of a credit policy, the periodic credit reviews of existing customers, the creditworthiness assessment of potential customers, and the determination of the credit risk for accounts falling outside the normal credit guidelines.
Additionally, this is a very hands-on role within a lean team and organization. The position is expected to manage collection/dispute activities, build solid working relationships between internal/external customers and continuously improve internal credit and collection processes to incorporate best practices and technical solutions. With the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and uncollectible debt losses, the Director of Credit & Collections will define and execute the credit and collection policies and processes in accordance with guidelines established from the executive management and in partnership with other departments, such as sales, operations and customer service. Having the ability to drive automation, directly implement change, and solve problems will be important in this role. Supervisory/Management responsibilities include developing and improving metrics for departmental performance, training (policies, procedures, compliance and skills), coaching, monitoring, counseling and motivating employees to ensure success.
- Supervises daily activities and maximizes efforts of staff in their collection efforts on accounts receivable, with special emphasis on delinquent accounts, and/or Credit Representatives in determining credit worthiness of new or existing customers
- Analyzes and assesses credit and collection issues falling outside Company policies and guidelines and determines course of action for resolution
- Resolves customer disputes and negotiates settlements with customers on receivable issues accounts
- Prepares regular write off (w/o) schedules and quarterly bad debt review for submission to senior management
- Review orders and inquiries for potentially fraudulent activity
- Work with Internal Audit and senior management on fraud prevention and training
- Provide detailed credit analysis for CFO on orders over assigned approval limit
- Assesses credit risk and determines the extension of credit for new or existing customers
- Provides robust reporting of Credit & A/R analytics to support strategic and day-to-day operations
- Responsible for the supervision and development of Credit & Collections staff
- Performs other duties as assigned, including those of assigned staff
- All positions will require, to some degree, the physical abilities described below to perform the essential functions of the job
- Work the expected hours, consistently arrive at work at the agreed time and follow Company rules and guidelines regarding breaks and meal periods. Full time is typically considered to be 40 hours per week
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Move around and through all work areas as needed, may include climbing stairs or ladders
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (i.e. books, reports, binders etc.)
- Regularly sit at the assigned workstation
- Use keyboard or equivalent equipment, to access the computer,
- Use hands to manipulate documents and general paperwork to view contents
- Read documents, reports, files etc.
- Communicate effectively using the telephone