In creator marketing, we're all about celebrating, supporting, and inspiring the creator community. Communicating with creators in a way that speaks to their needs, while inspiring them to fulfill their dreams is at the core of what we aspire to do every day.
As Director of Creator Communications at YouTube, you'll lead the strategy and oversee the execution of marketing communications for our global creator community, including video, email, and in-product communications. You'll oversee a team that creates compelling, comprehensive, and engaging content recognizing company and community priorities, while helping creators get inspired, grow, and connect with YouTube and the broader community.
You'll build a compelling vision and will work cross-functionally to ensure alignment across all partners. In this role, you'll bring an insights-based decision making and customer-first mindset, along with expertise in building narratives and driving engagement on digital communications platforms. You'll be a leader, a doer, a thinker, and an innovator, and you'll play an important role in driving clarity and delivering inspiration to our creators.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in performance and/or content marketing.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience with editing and running editorial teams or content marketing in digital enterprises. Experience leading global teams and/or initiatives.
- Experience working directly with marketing platforms (paid media, email, notifications).
- Experience leading and inspiring teams of creative personnel and content creators.
- International/multicultural experience.
- Knowledge of YouTube Creators, the Creator ecosystem, and YouTube's role in it.
- Ability to flex between strategy and execution. Ability to make every possible effort to get things done.
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, influence, and project management skills, with the ability to set goals and prioritize initiatives with minimal guidance
- Establish a vision for creator communications excellence and drive the organization to achieve it. Design and execute a content strategy that delivers on goals. - Ensure all content is excellent and on-brand, and oversee the content calendar and roadmap. Build alignment with regional teams ensuring a consistent global experience, while delivering locally relevant content that connects across different languages and countries. - Leverage data to develop content themes/topics to measure and optimize performance, and ensure an efficient workflow for creating, editing, publishing and measuring content performance. Identify trends within our content and the wider ecosystem, and incorporate them accordingly. - Advocate for the resources and infrastructure needed to deliver on our vision. Create a culture of excellence within your team, while ensuring a positive experience for team members.