About the Team
The Director, Creative Services will provide guidance and leadership to Crunchyroll's Creative Services teams; Video and Design.
Collectively, Creative Services is accountable for the creation of digital, print, video and experiential assets across multiple platforms and formats with international appeal. As Creatives; we are an integral part of the business contributing to audience development, subscriber acquisition, as well as retention for our streaming service, games, events, and much more. As a service-oriented team; we are highly collaborative, working closely across business units to establish and execute the brand’s visual identity by:
- Developing enticing concepts and alternative approaches to package catalog titles.
- Generating the look, feel for new and existing events worldwide, including Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Expo, Crunchyroll Movie Night and more.
- Partnering with external IP holders, studios, and game developers to publish and co-publish mobile games.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
About the Role
Crunchyroll is seeking a Director of Creative Services to oversee our Video and Design teams in a high-velocity, service-oriented environment. Though you love creative work, this individual will be a business leader and team-builder expected to:
- Contribute expertise managing high-volume workflow and fostering transparent communication that allow creative staff to flourish.
- Prioritize cross-functional workflows based on business objectives and budgets with proven ability to establish, manage key metrics that paint the pictures of your teams’ successes.
- Celebrate effective cross-team collaboration; working with multiple business units among paid media, lifecycle marketing, product design, games, events, ecommerce, social media, editorial, PR/comms, HR, and sales.
As a leader of Creatives; you will drive the aesthetic vision for our brand across all mediums and platforms while empowering your teams and elevating their quality of work. You will lean on demonstrated selfless leadership to cultivate highly visible, lasting brand identities from the ground up.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Leader of Creatives. Able to manage high-volume workflow with overlapping deadlines. Establishing and managing to metrics, business objectives, and budgets.
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellence in visual design, video/motion and consumer branding across media, OTT, gaming, eCommerce, mass-market consumer brands and/or tech.
- Experience establishing and driving an iterative design process to identify and improve existing solutions.
- Creative Leader. Able to foster an environment where our teams can bring their whole selves to work. lead teams in generating ideas and fresh concepts, and lead through to execution.
- A consensus-builder who earns trust across teams through clear communication.
- Respect for fandoms and understanding of the importance of community-building.
- Expert level of knowledge in industry-standard design tools
A day in the life of our Director, Creative Services
- Oversee development of design and video assets for marketing, events, games and corporate activations
- Mentor team members; nurturing a positive, service-oriented environment with pathways for growth.
- Establish process and best practices for iterative creative work and review.
- Define goals and own KPIs, forecasts, and budgets based on business needs.
- Manage traffic and workflow within the creative teams to manage timelines, objectives and prioritization to business units.
- Work closely with performance marketing to meet subscriber growth goals
- Maintain consistent, clear communication of objectives, status, and results.
- Report successes, failures and operational areas for improvement to stakeholders, executive leadership, and company-wide as needed; iterate creatively to optimize results.
- Vet and manage external vendors, agencies, and contractors