Director, Creative Services
It's not just clich?. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
We're excited to move into our new, modernized company headquarters - Starting June 2018, our home will be located at 1009 Lenox Dr, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648.
What you'll do
As the Creative Director you will serve as the principle creative lead while managing a team of Graphic Designers and Web Developers to amplify the Billtrust brand and vision. In this role you will showcase a proven design aesthetic, strong management skills, and thought leadership to maintain Billtrust's presence as the leader in A/R Automation. Additionally you will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and creating an inclusive culture for the talented members of your team- you will need to inspire others around you as a design leader, a great manager and a storyteller. You will guide research and design processes, and ultimately create visually-rich and engaging experiences across all Billtrust's products.
- Own the brand design and the look & feel of all assets created within the Marketing organization
- Communication of brand guidelines and adherence to standards across print, web and all company applications
- Ownership of company website, blog, emails and microsites including maintenance, optimization, and lead gen best practices
- Maintain global brand style and guidelines
- Be a strategic partner to the rest of the Marketing organization and the company to deliver high quality, brand-driven marketing assets
- Propose ways to improve visual design, motion design, and content strategy; develop processes to increase efficiency and remove obstacles for your team
- Lead and mentor a creative team while developing a team culture of craft, elegance, and execution
- Collaborate with writers, user experience designers, and creative technologists to develop concepts
What you'll bring to the team
- 7+ years of experience in a design role working in a recognized creative agency or a company's marketing communications team
- Previous experience in a growing B2B technology company that leverages multiple online and offline channels to generate demand across various verticals
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or Digital Media Design
- Leadership skills; ability to coach and mentor individuals to generate successful creative projects
- A collaborative approach that fits with the company culture
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions and overcome challenging situations with troubleshooting and project management skills and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to design for web and print
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office, and Google Applications understanding both Mac/PC environment capabilities
- Must have strong understanding of best practices for mobile device with knowledge of current web trends
- Experience working with multiple departments' unique needs and balancing priorities without guidance
- Desire to work in an open, team-oriented environment with opportunity to create strategic campaigns with the Marketing team
- Eye for detail and passion for design, as well as interest in new and innovative technology within design
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress, Email Automation tools and After Affects is a plus
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is "Casual Friday', we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.