The Director reports to the Executive Director, Marketing.
- Lead the creation of best-in-class video campaigns (trailers, launch materials, brand assets) for ongoing CNE Content and large-scale industry events from start to finish including planning, creative development, production, budgeting, and legal reviews.
- Lead the year-long creative promotion strategy across all Conde Nast brands that will grow audience awareness, client interest and drive our growth.
- Working on strategy, creative, and plans and gaining buy-in from senior leadership.
- Bring a network of freelance production talent across all of production - post-houses, individual production contractors and post-production talent.
- Collaborate with programming, development, and marketing to create brand materials for the launch of new series.
- Manage a year-long budget across daily needs and project year-long moments
- Establishing goals and metrics, measuring effectiveness, and optimizing campaigns.
- Interface with senior executives across multiple departments to assess and forecast company promo needs, then translate those needs into promotional video materials.
- Work closely with our marketing team and post-production teams to ensure we’re properly staffed and resourced to meet all deliverables.
- Manage a small team of freelancers and vendors.
- Establish priorities and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, including the Branded Entertainment, Editorial, and Enterprise teams.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently while adhering to timelines, budgets, and expectations.
- Translating business needs into creative that works for the masses.
- 8+ years experience in a Creative Marketing or Creative Promotions role in a video production or post-production department at a publisher, network or agency.
- A deep understanding of what makes sizzles and promotional materials effective, down to every shot selection and music cue.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to take a loose idea from a brainstorm to the screen, and to sometimes bring disparate ideas together into a cohesive whole.
- In-depth understanding of video post-production required, hands-on editing experience a bonus but not a requirement.