Choice Hotels is at the exciting intersection of the hospitality, franchising, and technology industries – offering an environment where associates, franchisees and guests feels welcome, wanted, and respected.
At our worldwide corporate headquarters in the Washington, D.C. metro area (Rockville, MD), and in our technology center in Phoenix, AZ, we serve as a champion for our franchisees and create cutting-edge technology for our 7,000+ franchised hotels around the world.
When you Make it your Choice, you will have the environment, the tools, and momentum to grow your career and impact our franchisees across the globe!
The Director, Corporate Talent Acquisition will execute on the strategic direction of Choice’s corporate recruiting efforts, directly overseeing the attraction and acquisition of corporate positions, and serve as a best practice influencer for Choice’s technology recruitment. This role will be an inspirational coach an authentic leader, developing a high performing team and strategic business relationships.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the full cycle FTE recruiting process in addition to hiring contract labor, managing agency relationships, oversee college recruiting efforts as well as the company’s employee referral program. The role will lead efforts to pipeline key talent for critical roles across the enterprise, and partner with business leaders and the Talent Management organization to enhance internal movement and address succession gaps. This role will weave diversity and inclusion initiatives into every touchpoint of the candidate experience, and counsel hiring managers on how to make fair and equitable decisions. This role requires a firm understanding of the talent and industry markets, trends, diversity & inclusion, and best practices in this discipline.
What you will do…
- Partner with the human resource leadership team to drive results that support the company's goals and corresponding talent strategy.
- Plan and create goals for the talent acquisition team, define organizational priorities; and manage the development and implementation of performance metrics.
- Be an inspirational coach and authentic leader, developing a high performing team and strategic business relationships.
- Leverage data to assess the market, make decisions, and hold team members accountable.
- Have a strong understanding of the business and future direction and growth; develop a pipeline of talent for key/niche skills to meet current and future business needs.
- In alignment with the human resources strategy and corporate business goals, create a vision and direction to acquire diverse talent.
- Manage departmental budget and a team workload of 200-250+ open positions annually.
- Manage existing talent acquisition technologies and tools and regularly evaluate these and new technologies and tools to enhance ability to attract top talent and engage candidates competitively.
- Comfortable leading a team and managing internal client relationships in remote and/or virtual environment.
Talent Acquisition, Selection & Experience
- Oversee full cycle talent acquisition operations, delivering an excellent candidate and manager experience.
- Develop and drive an efficient and effective recruiting process from talent attraction and candidate identification, to on-site assessment, offer negotiation, and onboarding.
- Develop strategies to assess current and future skill needs and target and attract key talent.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and measure success (to include cost per hire, quality of hire, time to fill, talent pipeline, etc.).
- Counsel leaders on market conditions and talent strategies.
- Educate hiring manages on how to leverage competencies to select talent and other best practices.
- Develop strategies to attract passive candidates and pipeline talent for key roles.
- As needed, manage full life cycle recruiting for leadership and executive level positions.
- Lead the talent acquisition team in college recruiting efforts and corresponding programming.
- Identify and create strategic partnerships to attract talent (to include collegiate partnerships, diversity initiatives, professional networking affiliations, etc.).
- Oversee the staffing agency vendor relationships – negotiate rates and ensure the business is fiscally responsible.
- Enhance and innovate Choice’s candidate experience and engagement
- Lead the talent acquisition team and the business as a brand ambassador and thought leader.
- Cultivate presence on professional digital media sites; communicate Choice’s employee value proposition and demonstrate thought leadership in the talent market, human resources, hospitality, and technology industries.
- Develop and nurture relationships with professional associations, alumni groups, and other external organizations to identify, source and pipeline qualified talent
- Ensure talent acquisition team is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the applicant flow process to include electronic resume management, data entry into Workday, notification to applicants, etc.
Skills & Experience…
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Business Management, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience. Human Resources certification preferred.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years plus experience in a staffing or generalist role in increasingly responsible positions in areas of recruitment and selection. Experience in a corporate environment required. Hospitality and/or technology industries a plus.
- Oversight of high-performing recruiting teams, with a track record of success.
- Proficient in using an HRIS; experience with Workday is a plus.
- Must be comfortable with change and demonstrate situational agility.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to develop relationships and establish trust with associates at all levels.
- Excellent business-savvy with a consultative approach; ability to influence and negotiate with senior level leadership.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in human resources, immigration, and current employment law.
- Demonstrated experience in diversity recruiting strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively lead the implementation of key business initiatives.
- Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel; generally, once a quarter.