Sensata is a $3+Bindustrial technology company, based in Attleboro, MA. Engaged in the development, manufacturing, and sale of sensors and controls, Sensata produces a range products for mission-critical applications in automotive, aerospace,industrial, and other advancedindustrial end markets. Sensata products range from pressure, speed, and position sensors enabling future advancements in efficient and autonomous automobiles, to thermalcircuit breakers in aircraft and bimetal current andtemperature control devices in electric motors. Its products include pressure sensors, force sensors,temperature sensors, speed sensors, position sensors, motor protectors, and thermal and magnetic-hydrauliccircuit breakers andswitches. It develops solutions for specific customer requirements, or applications, across the appliance, automotive, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC),industrial, aerospace, defense, data/telecom, and other end-markets.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Continued adjustments and alignment of Sensata’s strategy given the dynamic industry environment is critical to maintain and expand Sensata competitive edge and leadership position in its targeted markets. Given the company’s growth ambitions, we are seeking to expand the corporate strategy team with a Director, Corporate Strategy. Reporting directly to the SVP Strategy and M&A, the Director, Corporate Strategy will work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team and BU leaders to develop and execute the strategic vision and strategic roadmap for the company in order to deliver strong profitable growth for the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership and advice to Sensata’s leadership team when it comes to developing and aligning Sensata’s overall strategy based on opportunities and threats in Sensata market environment in order to accelerate Sensata profitable growth and enhance Sensata competitive advantage
- Lead one or multiple strategic initiatives, and will be expected to identify opportunities, define problem/opportunity statements, lead analysis leveraging cross-functional teams, manage timely analyses with predetermined milestones and ultimately make a recommendation to the Executive team for decisions
- Lead the strategic planning and follow up activities for the company
- Drive and coordinate the annual corporate strategic planning activities for the company
- Conduct quarterly strategic reviews based on quarterly strategic scorecard findings
- Support selected inorganic growth opportunities for Sensata
- Conduct landscape and competitive analysis
- Support Due Diligence activities as needed
- Support post-merger integration planning after successful acquisitions
The Director, Corporate Strategy will interface with multiple key personnel on a regular basis, including the CEO, CFO, COO, SVP of Strategy and M&A, and Board of Directors.
The position provides unparalleled exposure to key business leaders and senior executives throughout the company.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of five total years of experience, including a minimum of two years of consulting with a top-tier firm, having worked on growth strategy projects
- Structured and Logical Thinking: The ability to understand the strategic implications of portfolio growth analysis, and to make strong, well supported growth recommendations
- Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitativeportfolio and growth analysis, supported by facts
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper
- Experience in engineering or operational role at an automotive, aerospace, or industrial company a plus
- Educational Credentials: The right candidate will possess a Masters in Business Administration from a top-tier educational institution. Engineering undergrad degreerequired
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
- A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
- Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
- A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice.