Leads and oversees Strategic Sourcing for assigned Categories and/or Business Units in Global Procurement Services globally ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior leaders to support enterprise objectives, influence key stakeholders and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies while collaborating on sourcing initiatives and projects
- Interface with Business Unit and Operations leaders to fully understand key business drivers, spend drivers, and achieve required support levels
- Responsible for creating business value through the development of high quality and cost effective supply relationships, while pursuing and championing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings directly by savings captured through leveraging Bank-wide purchasing volume, strategic supplier relationships, demand management or indirect savings realized by driving innovation and or enhancing the overall effectiveness of the supply management process
- Directly manage and implement best practices in sourcing initiatives following our 7-step sourcing process
- Provide category leadership for External Labor Services within and across the Bank’s business segments, and serve as a key contributor to a well-developed and evolving supplier management process. Specific areas of focus are as follows:
- Sourcing of External Labor Services (contingent worker, non-IT professional services, management consulting services).:
- Lead a Bankwide Center of Excellence for Enterprise External Labor Services (policies, enterprise reporting, work processes, commercial and legal framework, global benchmarking)
- Leading the Procurement scope of global external. labor services for the implementation of an expense management platform
- Manage a team of 7 senior sourcing managers, sourcing managers and sourcing analysts
- Develop and execute sourcing initiatives for multi-functional stakeholder teams, ensuring effective strategy development, market assessments, RFP processes, and supplier management while enabling collaboration and innovation between stakeholders and suppliers
- Establish and develop on-going strategic relationships with key suppliers during major sourcing/project initiatives, and as a senior executive within the Bank’s on-going supplier relationship management process
- Lead a disciplined effort to influence spend and drive cost savings across all business segments
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across constituent groups
- Lead, mentor coach, and acquire talented staff to continually build a world-class organization
- Ability to coach for both performance and long-term development utilizing situational leadership skills
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Ability to bridge communications between Global Procurement Services, business and legal stakeholders/partners with a focus on developing an understanding of how to structure contracts to deliver against Bank’s needs
- Analytical in approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment with attention to results and a sense of urgency
- Clear executive presence and results orientation
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and financial issues and use them to inform the creation of effective action plans and supplier strategies
- Demonstrated expertise leading strategic supplier relationships at an executive level
- Ability to provide both technical and managerial leadership to his/her organization
- Strong business acumen through application of critical and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive rapid and significant change
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Technology procurement experience, including software
- People management experience
- Ability to develop and execute formal negotiations
- Ability to develop analyses and insights into supply market trends
- Knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art procurement and analysis technologies
- Minimum 10 years of progressive sourcing/procurement experience
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, CIS, science, or finance
- Global sourcing/procurement experience