Job ID 564598BR.
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Security Operations, the Director of Corporate Security Operations, Event & Production Services serves as the principle security executive for the Company’s world headquarters, L.A. based corporate businesses, Media & Studio segment productions and events as well as all other non-theme park operations in the western half of the United States and Canada. Additionally, this role is responsible for global coordination and implementation of all Media/Studio anti-piracy security requirements worldwide. This position will establish an overall strategy, develop and execute a comprehensive security program and framework for all the above areas of responsibility.
This role demands exceptional interpersonal and management relationship skills, insight and awareness, sound business acumen, independent judgement, technical expertise and functional mastery in order to proactively protect and reduce risks to our people, physical and intellectual property. This is a highly visible role and it is critical that these skills are seamlessly executed with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and trust.
- Accountable for overall strategic vision, planning and directs implementation of risk reduction standards and procedures.
- Serves as liaison to business segment executive leadership aligning security vision and programming with business segment objectives.
- Advises Global Security Leadership and other key company stakeholders and directs a strong analytical approach in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security strategies.
- Directs coordination for all intelligence gathering requirements with both internal and external resources to conduct threat and risk analysis relating to designated company activities.
- Identifies significant securityrisks, designs and/or implements strategies and programs to safeguard employees as well as prevent and reduce loss to the company’s physical and intellectual assets.
- Directs advance assessments and development of security plans for corporate and production related events, partnering with intelligence gathering sources and coordination with local, state, federal and international agencies.
- Directs development and documentation of standards for measuring efficiency and effectiveness of production physical security and content protection program and tools used during production lifecycle.
- Directs governance and compliance for the company’s enterprise anti-piracy security program for all pre-theatrical screenings.
- Leverages Global Security and external resources to conduct threat and risk evaluations including development of appropriate life/safety and asset protection plans.
- Continually partners with entertainment and security industry leaders in the development of emerging best practices to properly supportsecurity requirements.
- Maintains results by recruiting and selecting key managers; coaching, counseling, and disciplining management team; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Provides leadership and directs oversight of both proprietary and contractsecurity teams in multiple locations throughout the west coast region.
- Manages ongoing program excellence, rigorous assessment program evaluation, and consistent quality of budget oversight, recommending timelines and resources needed to achieve vision and strategic objectives.
- Builds and maintains strong, effective and strategic relationships with external partners, municipal, state, federal and international law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
- Establishes key performance metrics/goals and appropriate corporate administrative and business unit functions.
- Ten or more years of experience of increasing responsibility within security, Intelligence and/or law enforcement field including 5 years of experience leading a comparable sized organization and staff at a rapid growth multi-national corporation.
- Must be a strategic thinker and operator capable of monitoring and commenting on international matters. Must have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization as well as externally to providers and partners.
- Should display a pragmatic, consultative approach combined with expertise in world-class security practices. Must have demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Must be able to establish credibility as a Business Partner respected by client-base with proven ability to gain “buy-in” from teams.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Leadership skills to provide direction to management and professional staff within organization.
- Ability to develop consensus within an organization climate of diverse operational activities, cultures and geographic locations.
- Ability to anticipate, influence and assist Global Security leadership and key Company stakeholders to assess and rapidly adjust to changing conditions and trends.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability to identify and assess exposure to loss, and to examine alternative risk control techniques.
Entertainment industry securityexperience
Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least 10 – 15 years of experience in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.
Advanced degree or equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least 10 – 15 years of experience in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.