The Director of Corporate Resiliency will provide leadership and subject-matter expertise on crisis management planning and execution and develop and maintain highly functional Emergency Response, Crisis Management, and Business Continuity plans across the company. This may involve conducting risk assessments, business impact analysis, and documentation of business continuity procedures.
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer (CSO), This individual will work across Nuance and coordinate efforts across the individual business units to ensure that the divisional business continuity and disaster recovery procedures are underpinned and supported with the appropriate level of resiliency at the corporate level and that the company crisis management strategy, plans, and processes can support their needs. Additional responsibilities may include planning, conducting, and debriefing regular mock-recovery/continuity exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. This role will also act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event. This is a hands-on position where it is expected that the successful candidate will actually create deliverables rather than simply supervise those who do so.
- Update resiliency policies and procedures
- Build Business Impact Analysis (BIA) as appropriate to inform response and recovery prioritization
- Assess internal and externalthreats and the risk they pose to the company and recommend mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate identified risks
- Develop a resiliency strategy leveraging existing efforts and best practices
- Drive and develop the content of resiliency plans and documentation for core operational areas which includes, business resumption, recovery, restoration and disaster recovery plans that allows for business continuation in the event of disruptions or disasters
- Coordinate the activities amongst various resiliency work streams
- Work closely with technology teams to ensure their disaster recovery plans for critical systems and applications are consistent with the plans developed for company
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of functional managers
- Coordinate testing program and actively participate in testing scenarios
- Initiate and coordinate training and awareness programs
- Assist with the company governance structure for crisis management & continuity planning
- Develop status reports on location continuity plans and prepare management reports as necessary
- Provides leadership and advice to assist other departments with resiliency budgets and activities
- 15+ years of professional experience in Risk Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and project management.
- Ability to lead with formal and informal authority.
- Proven ability to lead a multi-faceted program in a complex, matrix organizational model; preferably within a large, global, multi-divisional company
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current IT Disaster Recovery management planning and program initiatives, testing techniques, and strong understanding of methodologies used in performing risk analyses and Business Impact Analysis
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and hands-on approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships across multiple levels of the organization and with a diverse group of people including communicating with C-level executives; polished presentation skills to both large groups and executive management
- Demonstrated experience coordinating crisis response with Crisis Management Team during a crisis event
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications: Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certificate of the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI), etc.