Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Quality Leader you will be responsible for strategic and day to day corporate quality operations and initiatives for our Government Systems Segment.
Successful candidates will be able to both think strategically and will have a proven track record of being able to execute efficiently. An innate ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and marketing environments is also essential. The roles and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Leader of Government System Quality organization
- Ensure quality requirements and needs are achieved for products and services spanning across tactical datalinks, cybersecurity, information assurance, and government satellite communications.
- Drive lean, process improvement throughout the business and supporting functions as a first tier aerospace provider
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff to continually meet and exceed business objectives
- Plan and manage quality budgets and staffing needs to meet business and financial targets
- Define opportunities for artificial intelligence and machine learning to better drive quality in the business
- Develop and manage OKRs and relevant performance metrics to gauge quality performance
- Set path for quality organizational improvements to meet business objectives
- Ten years of management experience, directing resources, managing projects, understanding of the dependencies of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Ten years of experience in an engineering research and development, fulfillment environment, driving optimization through process optimization, including Lean, Six Sigma, and relevant process improvement tools throughout the development and fulfillment lifecycle for products and services. Good understanding of key process indicators for quality.
- Five years of experience and solid understanding of service delivery
- Five years of experience working in a global environment, managing across time zones, cultures
- Track record of successfully growing individual and team performance
- Up to 10% travel.
- Bachelor Degree is required.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Courage to stand alone – as the Quality leader, the candidate must be the champion for the customer experience through quality of products and services
- Be able to identify the most pivotal issues hindering business performance
- Can hold any stakeholder in the organization accountable
- Lead through influence across the organization to drive improvements in products and services
- Collaborate closely with business leadership team to set priorities, remove obstacles and find innovative solutions.
- Provide vision, guidance, and direction to Quality Team.
- Build cross functional teams, empowering business and functional team members to push for performance excellence
- Government customer rapport and intimacy
- Strong understanding of government business dynamics
- Passion to achieve the level of quality needed for this critical customer base
- Expertise to drive mission assurance for products and services delivery
- Business Acumen
- Financial understanding of revenue recognition, COGS, accounting practices, direct vs. indirect costs, overhead applications and the real impact of Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Understand impact of tradeoffs and advocate for risk identification and mitigation.
- Be able to triage, provide clarity, and focus on the key issues.
- Drive key partnerships with customers and suppliers.
- Communication and Influence
- Ability to influence, using relevant data, analysis, and expertise.
- Need to demonstrate communication and presentation skills necessary for different levels of organizational structure.
- Facilitation skills for managing large projects, customer events or team meetings.
- Master of Science in a technical degree and/or Master of Business Administration (MBA).
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required