Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €65.2 billion, the company owns and operates 92 shopping centres, including 55 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Ourcentres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 12 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €11.9 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is currently seeking a communications professional to join its Public Affairs team as Director, Corporate Public Relations – a position that's central responsibility is to create and execute corporate communications and public relations strategies for URW, the Westfield brand and the company's portfolio of assets in the United States.
The position will partner with internal and external stakeholders throughout the US business, and headquarters in Paris, to build the profile of URW as the world's leading retail destination developer and operator, as well as generate media coverage for the individual shopping centers and other assets. The individual's efforts will focus on corporate business announcements and trade media coverage; thought leadership and B2B event programs; and media coverage of key marketing programs, center activations and other asset led initiatives. Key to this effort will be capitalizing on, or building, relationships on behalf of the company in the business, trade and consumer media; with current and potential corporate or brand partners; and in the traditional and digital influencer communities.
This role will report to the SVP of Communications and Public Affairs.
Primary responsibilities shall include, without limitation:
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with an ability to work collaboratively and lead cross functional teams while focusing on execution and delivering results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Able to draft press releases, talking points, media backgrounders and other briefing or messaging documents quickly and precisely.
- Track record developing sophisticated strategies related to corporate reputation and brand positioning, thought leadership and B2B communications.
- High attention to detail, organization and taste-level; polished presentation skills and experience working closely with senior executives.
- Ability to work independently with current or prospective tenants/clients, and able to add value to commercial partnerships and/or sales meetings if required.
- A savvy approach to PR with an appreciation for both digital and traditional channels as well as a demonstrated ability to generate a significant volume of media coverage.
- Diverse media relationships with an ability to establish rapport easily with new contacts; consistent track record securing business, trade and consumer media coverage.
- An eye for collaborating on marketing and PR programs that reach diverse communities and a desire to think big and promote unique, creative partnerships and programs.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment, often working under pressure and tight deadlines. A proactive, 'can do' approach with a desire to set 'stretch' goals and meet them.
- Culturally savvy with relationships spanning art, architecture, design, fashion, philanthropy, music, entertainment and/or other creative fields – interest in, and ability to collaborate on or lead execution of, influencer events, marketing programs and brand activations.
- An understanding of the digital and physical retail environment and retail industry trends; intellectual and/or professional interest in retail real estate development, mixed use development, urban planning, sustainability, community building, entertainment, health & wellness etc.
The minimum requirements and skills include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience as well as 8+ years' experience working with consumer or retail brands, department stores, hotels or similar businesses in an in-house or agency environment
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects in a timely and accurate manner with strong initiative and follow through on a national and regional level
- Ability to interact and communicate diplomatically and work well with others at all levels (especially at the senior executive level).
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented and dynamic environment.