The Director of Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) (the Director) supports the Senior Vice President of Internal Audit and ERM (SVP) in making sure that all financial, operational, compliance, privacy and information security activities of Community Medical Centers receive appropriate audit coverage based on risk.
The Director will promote a culture of compliance and integrity throughout CMC. The Director is also responsible for managing daily activities of CMC Internal Audit staff.
In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Corporate Chief Audit, Ethics and Compliance Officer (CAECO), in this role you will:
- Provide audit and enterprise risk assessment services that are designed to add value and that are consistent with Community Medical Centers’ mission and vision by planning, designing, implementing and maintaining system-wide audit and compliance programs.
- Oversee and conduct risk-based, financial, operational, system and compliance audits by examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and/or procedures throughout the system to determine reliability, effectiveness and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate risks in achieving organizational objectives and proposes value-added and cost-effective measures for controlling and managing those risks.
- Perform assessments by reviewing the organization’s operations, adequacy of internal controls, compliance with laws and regulations, adherence to policy and procedures, safeguarding of assets, and accuracy of reported financial activities.
- Support governance by assuring the organization of the state of the control environment.
- Ensures effective communication, staff development, budgetsupport, inter-departmental relations and personnel management.
Experience and Education Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems/Computer Science or Healthcare related field.
- Ten years’ experience assessing risk and performing audits (financial, operational, IT and/or compliance) in a hospital environment and five years supervisory experience.
- Experience in charge master, documentation, coding and billing for hospitals, accounting, auditing, system analysis, and programming or computer operations management.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- MBA or Master’s degree in a Healthcare related field.
- Eight years’ experience in a Healthcare System setting to include experience in medical record and billing reviews including clinical documentation, medical terminology, codes (CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9-CM and revenue).
- Experience with the following applications: EPIC, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Lawson, Mediregs and ACL.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Applications – Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio.
Job Number: 2018-9735