Director Corporate Food Safety
11 - 15 years experience • Food & Beverage
Corporate Director of Food Safety
Our client, an employee-focused global dairy food company with more than 7,000 employees at locations across North America, Europe, South America and Asia, including 15 manufacturing plants in the USA, has a new Corporate Quality opening in Food Safety. Supervising a team of 11-12 with 3 direct Manager resport, you will provide leadership and strategic direction to the food safety, sanitation and auditing/supplier food safety teams within Corporate Quality Food Safety. Lead or direct efforts to develop and implement best in class systems and processes. Develop and analyze key metrics to identify areas of opportunity. Provide expertise and guidance to other Corporate Food Safety and Operations teams in resolving complex food safety questions and challenges. Represent the company with strategic customers regarding food safety matters and participate in industry outreach activities to ensure that company systems and processes are consistent with the latest science.
Corporate Director Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Analyze current state, gaps, and concerns and develop strategic long range plan for the food safety, sanitation and auditing groups within Corporate Quality and Food Safety. Lead and direct continued implementation of best in class food safety, sanitation, and supplier management processes and systems to protect the enterprise.
- Develop and analyze metrics and key performance indicators for food safety, sanitation, and auditing to ensure effectiveness of programs and for continuous improvement.
- Provide expertise, support and guidance to field food safety & quality managers and the operations team in resolving critical and complex food safety and sanitation challenges.
- Work collaboratively with Regulatory Compliance, Operations, Engineering, and R&D leadership to resolve systemic challenges and implement effective and sustainable systems.
- Lead or direct in depth food safety and sanitation review of all infrastructure and equipment purchases to ensure that proper design standards are met. Facilitate effective deployment of food safety & sanitation related capital expenses through oversight of the Top 25 program.
- Serve as key Corporate Quality and Food Safety contact for food safety with strategic customers to ensure customer confidence.
- Lead and direct industry collaboration and outreach activities with key academic institutions, other industry partners, and experts to ensure the company has access to the latest science and technology information and resources.
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs, FSMA requirements and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
Corporate Director of Food Safety Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology or a related field; Advanced degreepreferred
- 12+ years of food safety and quality assurance experience
- Previous corporate food safety management experience
- Corporate food safety management experience
- Strong leadership, excellent communication and organizational skills
- Technical expertise in FSMA, microbiology, food safety & quality systems and processes, knowledge of dairy fundamentals, sanitation
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities