Kobalt is seeking a Director, Corporate Finance in Los Angeles, to be highly involved with the deal process as our company continues to grow. The Director will be responsible for the investment evaluation of all catalogue and company acquisitions as well as the signing of bands, artists and songwriters. Working closely with our senior management team, strategy, creative and the Legal and Business Affairs departments, the Director will oversee all financial aspects of deals, complete the financial modelling, create investment memorandums and work with the teams during negotiation along with managing post-closing integration and analysis. The Director will have to oversee and review the work of the analysts on the team and take ownership of business development projects.
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, CORPORATE FINANCE AT KOBALT DO?
- Perform financial valuation and cash flow analysis
- Build financial models to evaluate the value of assets, and create investment memorandums outline proposed deal and providing recommendations
- Support acquisition and structuring of deal terms in collaboration with Business Affairs
- Identify any issues in collections or forecasting
- Undertake with financial due diligence
- Help improve process efficiency through identification of potential improvements to build an efficient analysis framework
- Conduct industry research
- Manage 1 to 2 analysts
- Support the senior management team with board presentations
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 6+ years’ proven analysis experience including investment appraisal and/or evaluations most likely gained through a career in a similar role within the music industry, investment banking, PE or VC
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes
- The ability to formulate opinions and discuss merits and weaknesses of potential investments is essential
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ensuring clear and accurate presentation of findings to stakeholders
- Advanced modelling skills, including high proficiency in Excel
- Management experience
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines
- Confident team player with strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills
- Music industry experience is preferred – other relevant sectors would be content ownership or IP-focused companies