The primary responsibility of the Director – Corporate Engineering is to oversee and manage engineering related efforts to maintain and advance properties’ building infrastructure and systems as well as to support the Las Vegas Sands (LVS) global sustainability program. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Las Vegas Sands Corp.’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and provide support in driving energy and water conservation projects and efforts at all properties.
- Review project proposals, validate ROI analyses and evaluate bid responses
- Determine project or product specifications, develop scope of work, assist in sourcing, prepare project schedule and implementation plan, manage project cost, conduct metering and verification for assigned projects
- Review and analyze utility data trends and investigate deviations and reconcile discrepancies
- Provide support in improvement of MEP infrastructure, commissioning and building optimization
- Review engineering drawings and submittals during design, monitor construction phase documentation for compliance with design standards and assist with commissioning and performance monitoring for remodel/renovation or new development projects
- Drive implementation of engineering sections of company’s internal Sustainable Development Standards
- Evaluate new products and technologies, including developing lifecycle cost analysis
- Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degreerequired in mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited university with Masters in Engineering preferred.
- Engineer in Training certification required
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
- CEM certification preferred.
- LEED accreditation or CIBSE certification preferred.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in MEP engineering or a related field.
- Consulting engineering related to building and campus infrastructure or ESCO experiencepreferred.
- Familiarity with building design documents including drawings and specifications at various phases of design and associated construction phase documentation necessary.
- Advanced experience in building energy and sustainability technology identification, evaluation, feasibility assessment, lifecycle cost analysis including development of spreadsheet pro-formas.
- MEP building design and simulation for achievement of code compliance and sustainable certification, building management systems and building controls, utility metering, utility use baselining, hands on commissioning and automatic fault detection systems, energy audits, building optimization, mechanical and/or electricalinfrastructure and project implementation needed, hospitality experiencepreferred.
- Strong project management skills required including proven experience managing teams of owner representatives, design consultants, contractors, commissioning agents and other stakeholders with CPM scheduling.
- Familiarity with eQuest, Trane Trace, IES and other ‘8760 hour’ detailed building simulation software preferred.
- Membership in engineering societies such as ASHRAE, AEE, CIBSE, IESNA, etc. preferred. A
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams to deliver exceptional results.
- Highly analytical mindset and ability to create meaningful reports, ROI analyses and support the establishment of corporate standards. Regular presentations to LVS senior leadership.
- Some travelrequired.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.