Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is a leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass. In concert with key leaders of the organization, the Director, Corporate Development will be responsible for the development of the Company’s growth strategy and execution of initiatives to implement that strategy.
- Working with business teams to develop investment cases for strategic initiatives and potential acquisitions.
- Building and working with complex Excel valuation models.
- Evaluating strategic opportunities looking at returns/metrics such as IRR, EBITDA multiples, RONA, etc.
- Coordinating cross-functional teams to manage due diligence processes including leading physical site visits, coordinating with sellers, collecting data, and ensuring that all areas of the diligence process undergo appropriate review.
- Creating presentations and proposals for senior management.
- Working closely with deal team and external advisors in the negotiation and drafting of definitive agreements.
- Assisting in the cultivation of potential acquisition targets.
- Engaging with investment banks, consultants, and other external parties to gain market knowledge, analyze trends, and build M&A pipeline.
- Interfacing with key executives within the Company.
- Modest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
- Highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
- Comfortable acting as an individual contributor and as a team leader
- Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Be comfortable on his/her feet making presentations
- Demonstrate an ability to work in teams, under intense pressure, with a positive, affable attitude
- Be interested in a long-term career with the company, which includes transitioning into the VP, Corporate Development role after 1-2 years
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Engineering, or other related fields. An MBA from a top-tier academic institution is preferred. Will also consider professional designations, such as CPA and CFA, in place of MBA.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience, including three to four years post-MBA at a top tier strategy consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm, or transaction advisory group. Experience would ideally be in investment banking, corporate development, private equity/venture capital or a related field. Direct experience with M&A or strategy consulting, and ample experience in corporate development activities, such as landscape analysis, pipeline development, strategic due diligence, principles valuation, negotiation, etc., is required.
- Must have extensive experience identifying, framing and structuring strategic opportunities and developing strong, well-supported recommendations.
- Requires considerable conceptual and analytical skills and mastery of Excel.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper, with all levels of the Company. Mastery of Powerpoint and Word is required.
- Strong ability to relate, motivate, and lead at both the individual and team levels.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion.
Job ID: 130479