Director, Corporate Development - M&A
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Waters Corporation is the world’s leading specialty measurement company with analytical applications that make pharmaceutical drugs more effective, food safer and our materials more advanced. For sixty years, its reputation has been forged by innovation and a smart, disciplined approach to mergers and acquisitions to complement our organic growth.
Waters is seeking a Director of Corporate Development that will support and execute Waters business development strategy. Reporting directly to the SVP Corporate Development, the Director, Corporate Development will work collaboratively with senior leaders globally to execute the M&A roadmap for the company in order to deliver strong profitable growth for the company. Oversees and evaluates strategic corporate development opportunities: mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, divestitures, alliances, minority equityinvestments and/or joint ventures that fit within the overall corporate strategy, business plan and product portfolio. This position will be critical to implementing the infrastructure necessary to assess, value and execute corporate development and growth opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams through all stages of the M&A process, including landscape analysis, pipeline development, due diligence and transaction execution. Support development of legal M&A-related documents and play a role in post-merger integration planning and execution
- Perform detailed financial and strategic analyses, inclusive of pro-forma acquisition and other valuation models to enable comprehensive acquisition target evaluation.
- Research potential acquisition targets and conduct in-depth company research to uncover risks and opportunities, investigating industry trends relevant to Waters’ business.
- Track market developments and form relationships with acquisition targets in strategic areas, and identify and evaluate new acquisition opportunities.
- Provide target and competitive landscape for acquisitions and recommend actions to executive management.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field. MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in public, multi-national corporations (corporate/business development), investment banking, private equity or strategy consulting firm.
- Demonstrated project management or core team project leadership experience, applied to M&Ainvestments or other enterprise-level strategy/change initiatives.
- Experience in the medical device or life sciences industries preferred.