The position reports to the VP and General Counsel, Americas, who oversees all legal support to the markets. The position also serves in a leadership role within the Legal, Compliance and Risk Management (LCR) Americas team and this individual is expected to serve as a mentor to other attorneys and legal staff who comprise the team.
• LCR’s first point of contact for most legal issues for this particular Corporate Management Area (CMA), globally, in all areas of the law
• Securing alignment between the stakeholder’s needs and LCR’s services, and managing expectations
• Completing and co-ordinating all legal work requested/needed
• Advisor to Americas SVP and members of the Americas LT
• Active/participating member of the Americas LT, on both legal and business/strategic issues
• Provide frequent training to the Americas LT and their reports one level below, on Stewardship, Compliance and Ethics
• Knowledge sharing and co-ordination within LCR Americas team and LCR in general.
• Serve as mentor to other attorneys and support staff within LCR Americas team and LCR in general.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The role is part of Legal, Compliance and Risk Management (LCR), which is the global Legal Department for the LEGO Group. Much of the legal work is done by Corporate Counsel, interacting with Business Units or CMAs, in conjunction with staff in the Legal Support and Administrative Support functions.
Do you have what it takes?
• Law degree
• 8-10 years experience (or more a +) - especially within common law, corporate and commercial law.
• Experience in legal counseling in complex multinational corporate environment, preferably from a corporate legal department or from a law firm is requried.
• Digital law and/or retail law experience a definite plus.
• Negotiation skills required
• Contract law (especially within procurement), Real Estate law, HR/Labor/Employment law, Construction law, Company law, Legal Governance and Compliance, Antitrust/Competition law, Intellectual Property law, Retail law, experience with governmental entities, and compliance with regulations
• Commercial mindset – able to understand business needs and challenges
• Able to collaborate with and engage teammates, both locally and globally in the Americas and LCR
• Self-confident, with leadership skills and clear potential
• Proactive, preventive and creative approach to solving legal issues
• Strong communicator - both verbally and in writing – able to speak up in meetings and express ideas and complicated legal issues.
• Good presentation skills to provide training
• Some significant travel: two times a year for LCR meetings, possibly one Practice Group Meeting F2F and meetings every month for the Americas Leadership Team.