Director, Corporate Communications
8 - 10 years experience • Market Research
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing Communications and Content, Cision’s Director, Corporate Communications is responsible for the global strategy and execution of external and internal communications, including public relations, analyst relations, crisis communications, and employee communications. This role develops and implements Cision’s global communications strategy to manage our corporate reputation and identity across Cision and its solutions.
- Communications (PR, AR, and Internal Comms)
- Implement the strategic communications direction for the company. Define the annual strategy and integrate it into the long-term strategic plan of the company. Create cohesive messages clearly delivered to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for internal and external communication plan development and execution for all corporate news, including mergers, acquisitions, crisis and issues-management in close collaboration with the executive teams and business stakeholders.
- Act as primary interface with the company’s public relations agency and coordinate agency activities in target markets, working with the agency to develop and implement an agency plan that aligns with Cision’s corporate business objectives.
- Leverage Cision’s thought leadership and intellectual property by positioning subject matter experts with the media and other external stakeholders to demonstrate our in-depth knowledge and expertise. Conceptualize and create compelling messages and stories that differentiate Cision in the marketplace.
- Drive earned media coverage by developing and enhancing media relationships with relevant trade, local and national media as appropriate.
- Lead influencer relations and brand advocates programs.
- Serve as first-responder to daily media inquiries and provide counsel and media prep and support to company spokespeople.
- Vigilantly monitor and respond to media coverage and social mentions for Cision and its product brands during business and nonbusiness hours and weekends.
- Compose metrics for earned media that align with Cision’s business objectives and utilize Cision’s software and intelligence products. Position Cision PR as best-practice.
- Develop the global internal communications strategic plan and oversee the daily execution, including the management of the company’s Intranet, career social mediachannels, e-newsletter, executive communications and company-wide Town Halls and events.
- Oversee Cision’s industry analyst program to secure relationships with top tier as well as second tier firms. Compose and execute an AR plan that builds ongoing relationships as well as key time-based items such as product launches and acquisitions.
- Utilize Cision’s product suite to effectively manage and report on the department’s comms plan impact.
- Oversee the communications organization, including budgeting, planning, and team management.
- Measure and track results of the communications programs and campaigns utilizing Cision products in addition to otherreporting tools as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years of working in corporate communications
- Experience working in a professional services/B2B company is preferred; tech company experience a plus
- PR agency experience a plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including strong knowledge of AP Style; ability to craft powerful and engaging messages
- Expertise in leading communication activities and ability to work with cross-functional teams to effectively position comms within an integrated marketing program. Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills: mature judgment, high ethical standards, willingness to learn and innovate, and diplomacy in handling various matters
- Immersed in shaping and integrating current PR trends. Candidates are expected to provide campaign examples and writing examples.
- A deep understanding of the power that video, images, words and design play in good communication and be able to execute amazing and creative campaigns
- Experience managing internal teams and external partners/agencies
- Solid analytical and research skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or use of reporting tools/comms software such as Cision
- Should be a strategic and visionary creative and problem solver.