Director, Corporate Communications
Minted, the global marketplace for independent artists is in search of a business media relations expert to help the company elevate its profile among the business press, business audiences, and influencers.
Reporting to the SVP, Artists and Partnerships, the Director of Corporate Communications will design and execute a comprehensive external communications strategy to secure prestigious business press coverage that helps us tell Minted’s business story. You will craft and drive a media strategy that utilizes earned and owned channels to establish Minted and our Founder’s thought leadership in design, online retail, and crowdsourcing. You will work very closely with our Founder and CEO to build her executive communications platform. You will also help us establish a content and communications strategy for Minted Labs, our internal analytics think tank. Along with the CEO and SVP, you will help craft Minted’s B2B positioning and help us build momentum for Minted’s burgeoning new wholesale and licensing businesses.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a media relations strategy to garner message-rich feature coverage in prestigious business outlets
- Work with senior management to identify media-genic stories from across Minted’s business
- Work with our analytics team and business leaders to uncover interesting data-derived stories
- Create strategic press communications for major Minted moments throughout the year
- Design and manage the CEO’s executive communications, including major events, publications, and weekly communications
- Build awareness and understanding for Minted’s B2B business among retailers and brands
- Identify and orchestrate speaking opportunities for senior management at high-level conferences and events, and creating speeches and presentations for delivery
- Maximize Minted’s business-facing owned channels with a regular cadence of social media and blog posts for Minted Labs and the Minted CEO
- Develop metrics and processes that measure communications impact and reinforce accountability
Experience and Skills
- 10 years of professional experience, with experience creating and driving a business press strategy
- A strong track record of garnering feature coverage in premier business outlets such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Inc., Wired, The Economist, Fortune or Forbes
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and the ability to frame, position and influence
- Facility with both traditional and new media landscapes
- A keen sense of how to understand and interpret analytical data to tell a story
- Success as a passionate, mission-driven, and inspiring brand ambassador
- A deep understanding of corporate and consumer trends
- A creative and resourceful thinker who is able to “find” stories within a company.