Responsible for leading and driving the comprehensive communications strategy for Cornerstone Building Brands corporate brand and leading the Center of Excellence for PR, Media Relations, Internal and External Communications, Marketing Services and Corporate Social Responsibility Programs and Community Relations. This role will be a strategic lead focused on building brand awareness, driving cultural change and brand stewardship, crisis communications, media relations and engaging employees across the organization. The Director of Corporate Communications will support the CMO in developing critical messaging and will work directly with the executive leaders to develop content and advance communications enterprise-wide. This is a highly visible role and will be critical in advancing cultural change for a newly merged organization.
- Set strategy and lead execution for corporate communications for the organization – both internal employee engagement and external PR, media relations, community relations and brand advocacy in our North American hiring locations.
- Manage agencies, internal communications team and outside partners to deliver upon the communication plans.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive communication plan for all corporate communications. This will include working with Investor Relations, HR, Social Marketing and Business teams to develop the most effective and compelling communication for internal and external audiences. This role will be responsible for identifying the most appropriate content distribution methods, communication tactics and prioritization.
- It will include messaging hierarchy and communication strategy.
- Develop relationships with trade and consumer media and lead media relations and news bureau PR initiatives.
- Manage PR agency relationship and drive brand impressions across all mediums.
- Drive process and best practices across the organization to improve communication effectiveness at all levels.
- Introduce new ways to engage employees and stakeholders while delivering a positive brand impression
- Ensure that all communications are consistent with brand guidelines and reinforce our brand positioning
- Lead the internal creative and marketing services team
- Develop and lead brand sponsorships, large trade shows, town halls, team meetings and corporate social responsibility programs
- Lead communication of corporate ESG efforts and work with cross functional teams to maintain ESG website
- Manage Cornerstone Building Brands corporate website and collaborate with digital marketing team and Investor Relations team to optimize search, user experience.
- Work with manufacturing facilities across North America to build community relations programs, media relations and build brand awareness in the hiring markets.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, Marketing or related field is required, advanced degree a plus.
- Seven or more years in a leadership role developing corporate communication plans and messaging strategy.
- Experience writing C-level communications and employee engagement content at all levels.
- A proven track record in copywriting, PR and crisis communication with the ability to seek out resources and support needed to achieve goals.
- Must have experience managing agency and vendor relationships.
Competencies and Skills:
- Collaborative, ability to influence others, comfortable working across all levels of the organization
- Sense of urgency in meeting timelines and proficient in managing multiple tasks
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must also be able to effectively navigate in a highly matrixed organization, be highly collaborative and operate within a diverse business environment and engage and rally the organization around communication/marketing innovation.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong relationships with key internal and external partners are required. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and contributing stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, analytical, presentation, planning, time management, project management skills required.
- Proven track record in leading and developing a team