Inspire and deliver exceptional value to travelers around the globe as part of the Apple Leisure Group (ALG) team! Our vision is to be the best-in-class and largest all-inclusive resort management and travel services provider, differentiated by the collaboration of our unique resort and distribution brands.
Grow your career as the Director - Corporate Communications with Apple Leisure Group. In this role you will be leading the Corporate Communications team, and will be responsible for the overall internal communications of Apple Leisure Group. You will provide leadership and direction in creating comprehensive communications strategies to advance the company's culture, vision and mission. This role has strategic partnerships across the organization in order to best implement effective internal messaging and encourage engagement from both team members and leadership. This individual will manage the Corporate Communication team and work closely with executive leadership, reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
A successful Director - Corporate Communications will:
- Oversee all internal communications efforts through company intranet, executive communications, engagement events and other channels to develop proactive and comprehensive communications programs between leadership team and team members
- Plan and implement the ALG corporate communication strategy, incorporating messaging that drives our culture, increases business understanding and reflects our mission, vision and values
- Lead the Corporate Communications team with ability to manage remotely
- Work closely with executive leadership to generate consistent messaging in the ALG voice
- Create communications and engagement action plans based on team member feedback
- Champion ALG culture from a communications standpoint with involvement in programs such as corporate social responsibility, company-wide events, wellness and others
- Work with HR Business Partners, location-specific leaders and other core teams company-wide to gain a clear understanding of objectives and effectively translate them in to communication strategies
- Responsible for developing strategies to promote understanding and involvement with company initiatives throughout the organization
- Support the change management strategy delivering effective communications to our internal audience
- Plan, manage and prepare the team's yearly budget
- Maintain internal communication efficiencies and processes to elevate connectivity
- Collaborate with IT on the use and continuous improvement of communication technologies
- Identify, research and deliver innovative and creative ways of connecting team members with company messages and strategies
- 10 years of experience in business/internal communications
- Bachelor's or higher in Communications or related field
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED.
- Strong business acumen – insightful understanding of corporate communications' strategic role in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex communications plans and programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Journalist writing style (AP) knowledge a plus.
- Experience leading a team or function, particularly in a changing environment.
- Project management skills, including an ability to prioritize and move projects forward in a complex environment.
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills with proven ability to influence leaders and key stakeholders.
- Professional experience, confidence and presence to effectively handle interpersonal relationships and sensitive HR issues.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Change Management experience a huge plus
About Apple Leisure Group
Apple Leisure Group® (ALG) is the leading North American travel, hospitality and leisure management group with the only vertically-integrated business model, serving travelers and destinations worldwide. ALG consistently delivers exceptional value to travelers and strong performance to resort owners and partners by strategically leveraging the power of its portfolio of brands across five segments, comprising: the largest seller of vacation packages and charter flights in the U.S. for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean, moving approximately 3.2 million passengers annually through well-established vacation brands, brand management of 5-star and 4-star luxury resorts through AMResorts® award-winning brand portfolio; best-in-class destination management services provided by Amstar DMC and Worldstar®, the exclusive loyalty program Unlimited Vacation Club®; and the innovative technology solutions provider Trisept Solutions®, connecting over 88,000 travel agents with leading travel suppliers. To learn more about the Apple Leisure Group advantage, visit appleleisuregroup.com.
Benefits at a Glance
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package to our U.S. based employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Travel Discounts & Deals
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.