The Director of Corporate Accounts will develop and drive Elsevier’s IDN targeting and sales strategy and provide leadership to key components of the Sales organization.
This includes specific identification of high profile IDN target opportunities, development and implementation of a corporate sales strategy for each targeted IDN engagement, IDN pipeline development and management, and forecasting of IDN deal closures. Responsibilities also include ownership of the team sales process and management of cross functional sales teams for all IDN engagements.
The position will play a key role in leading the North American Sales organization toward the achievement of strategic and operational goals pertaining to the team selling and IDN sales initiative required to meet the financial goals of Elsevier Clinical Solutions.
Job Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities associated with the position are as follows:
· Analyze and quantify North American IDN market potential, assess market conditions and prioritize targets through formal and informal methods
· Lead the identification, exploration, and analysis of new IDN opportunities, and develop specific sales strategies and business initiatives that support the achievement of growth objectives
· Develop and apply methodology to identify IDN targets with highest win probability for Elsevier Clinical Solutions
· Serve as the cross channel sales team leader and process owner for all IDN engagements and communicate deal status to all key internal stakeholders regarding next steps to drive sales process forward
· Lead and provide strategic guidance and hands-on management of internal sales and sales support resources that are part of Local Sales Team
· Drive improvements in number of IDN engagements, strength of pipeline, and engagement close rates
· Educate field sales force on industry trends, health system initiatives and priorities, and value based selling messaging
· Develop strong working relationships with field sales management peers and provide guidance and oversight of all aspects of IDN sales process
· Establish high level of credibility with Sales and Executive leadership regarding sales strategy, forecasting accuracy, and process consistency
· Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills to motivate and lead cross channel IDN sales teams to maximize incremental revenue stream from IDN sales agreements
· Build peer support and strong internal company relationships with all key stakeholders. Develop cooperative relationships with executive management, Sales leadership, and other Sales and support personnel.
· Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and resolve conflict across different functional areas in a matrixed organization, as well as with external stakeholders
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
· Achievement of top line revenue quota
· Accountable for timely and accurate forecasting of IDN deal closures
· Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting of essential data for Corporate Accounts effectiveness
· Strong emphasis on process ownership and accountability for results
· Strong work ethic and commitment to overall success of Elsevier
· Achievement of strategic objectives defined by executive management and Sales leadership
· Responsible for building, leading, and managing cross channel field Sales teams
· Reports to the Vice President Corporate Accounts
· Foster close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives
Leader and oversight authority for all cross channel IDN sales teams
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
· Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; an MBA is preferred
· Strong background with and knowledge of North American healthcare industry
· Minimum of 7 years of direct sales experience and 3 years of enterprise sales directly to IDNs
· Demonstrated track record of closing multi-product, multi-year enterprise sales agreements with IDNs
· Expertise in industry trends, provider business model, enterprise deal structure, and contract negotiations
· Proven ability to develop and manage complex, multi-faceted executive sales process
· Pre-existing contact base with C-Level decision makers at domestic health systems
· Ability to lead and motivate cross channel team without direct report relationship
Other Relevant Information:
· Salary, incentives and benefits commensurate with the position
· Must be capable of meeting travel requirements of the position, estimated at 60% of working time
The Clinical Solutions Division of Elsevier uses its industry-leading intellectual property and content to create Clinical and Drug Reference, Patient Engagement, Performance Management, Workflow and Decision Support products for healthcare professionals across a range of practice settings and commercial organizations.
These products and tools aid in disease management, medication error reductions, workflow improvements, effective patient management and economic analysis and cost control.
The Clinical Solutions Division serves a variety of customer markets, including:
Healthcare Providers (Hospitals & Healthcare Systems)
University Medical Schools
Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) Vendors
· Pharmacy Management System Vendors
Payers, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBM’s)
Retail Pharmacy National Chains, Buying Groups & Independents
The Clinical Solutions Sales Team sells a suite of enterprise solutions to healthcare providers, including:
Ø ClinicalKey is an Elsevier flagship product, designed to answer clinical questions for practicing physicians at the point of care, and meet the needs of medical students, and professors for course curriculum.
Ø CPM Care Points provides a full clinical documentation system, including robust care planning that enables streamlined workflows, practice, and culture, to promote safety and improve patient outcomes. CarePoints reduces practice variability, standardizes and improves the quality of documentation and promotes inter-professional collaboration across the continuum of care.
Ø CPM Transformation Services provides professional practice transformation services for organizations to optimize the adoption of evidence-based clinical documentation systems and advance inter-professional care planning and practice to achieve success.
Ø ExitCare provides proven patient education solutions designed to engage patients, enhance clinical workflow, and improve outcomes through integrated, comprehensive health education and discharge information to patients, family members, and care providers alike. ExitCare OnScreen provides interactive video education and the delivery software needed to share it with patients.
Ø InOrder is an intuitive, cloud-based order set solution that enables physicians, clinicians and informaticists to author, review and manage order sets in a collaborative environment.
Ø ClinicalKey Nursing provides resources to answer clinical questions, educate patients, and improve outcomes through evidence-based research.
Ø Elsevier Performance Manager is a powerful learning and performance management solution offering a comprehensive set of tools to help healthcare organizations educate, develop, manage policies and communicate with employees.
Ø Mosby’s eLearning provides healthcare organizations with authoritative, online courses that offer continuing education (CE) credit and are designed to support the professional development and evidence-based practice needs of their nurses and otherhealthcare professionals.