Who We Are
At Corvias we’re experts at developing solutions through partnership. Our partners share our values and commitment to creating a positive, lasting impact. From state initiatives to municipal programs to military housing efforts, we partner with government organizations to celebrate and reinforce the best parts of their communities. And we help educational institutions develop and improve on existing assets so they can focus on providing a world-class education. Our three core principles—be the best provider of service; be the best place to work; and, generously give back to the communities where we live and serve—are the driving force behind everything we do.
How You'll Contribute to the Team
The Director of Corporate Accounting will manage all transactional accounting activities at Corvias related to its corporate entities to ensure accurate, complete and timely financial reporting. He or she will work closely with the Controller and other Financial Management team members to develop and maintain accounting policies that are consistent with US GAAP and develop financial operational activities that are results orientated and efficient. This candidate should bring a high degree of sophistication and experience to identify and implement best practices in an environment that is collaborative, growing, and forward thinking.
- Will serve as the subject matter expert in accounting operations for the organization. This includes providing recommendations to improve accounting practices to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Manage corporate accounting team consisting of 3 to 5 accountants.
- Oversee all corporate transaction activities (AP, AR, intercompanies, cash, fixed assets, transition costs, debt) including monthly reconciliations, analytical review procedures and financial closes for over 21 legal entities.
- Review all corporate journal entries over specific threshold.
- Will play a key role in maintaining and improving the accounting and reporting infrastructure.
- Assist in updating and implementing accounting policies and internal controls to respond to changes in the Company’s operations model and ensure it is scalable and sustainable for growth.
- Support cross functional projects such as new project acquisitions and financial system implementations.
- Work closely with other members of the accounting, finance and business teams to provide timely accounting advice and support as issues arise.
- Provide guidance on the design and operations of internal controls for financial close process.
- Work with Big4 audit firm as audit questions or information requests arise.
- Create a culture of continuous learning and the development of others to build a high performing Corporate Accounting group and have the ability to recruit, retain, and develop top talent.
- Create a positive work environment that fosters team and individual performance while enhancing accountability.
- Assist in special projects and key strategic initiatives, as needed.
- Travel approximately 25%.
The Experience You’ll Bring to the Team
The answers to our most challenging questions are out there – and with your unique financial perspective and quantitative skills – you’ll have no trouble finding them. You are unafraid to present new ideas that will positively impact the work we do.
Role Specific Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; CPA, MBA or MS, plus.
- Big 4 public accounting experience a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial management and business operations.
- A hands on, results oriented manager with significant US GAAP accounting experience.
- Strong leader of people with the ability to create a compelling vision, identify and cultivate talent, demonstrate flexibility in approach, and motivate others to achieve desired results.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in networking and ability to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work as a business partner with all levels of management and influence across functions to improve processes.
- Ability to think beyond the financial implications to business decisions and to give consideration to overall business strategies and key operational issues.
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and ability to manage multitude and varied tasks.
- High degree of integrity, tact and ability to be direct and influence others while remaining diplomatic. Ability to sell ideas persuasively and settle differences in a manner that strengthens relationships.
- Ability to lead and execute projects to timelines and drive change.
- Background in property management, construction and/or real estate develop is preferred, but not required.