Director Copley Reference Lab
Less than 5 years experience •
Director, Copley Reference Laboratory Services will execute strategic plans and provides overall direction and management of the day-to-day activities and resources of the Sharp Reference Laboratory. This position carries out plans and activities to achieve optimal provision and coordination of reference laboratory services and resources. Ensures high quality and responsive laboratory services, regulatory compliance, ongoing efficiencies of operations, affordability, and optimally standardized process. This leader will also ensures coordinated and harmonious working relationships with the hospitals, medical foundation, medical groups, and physicians.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years clinical laboratory management experience including work in a complex multi healthcare system or reference lab.
- Must have experience working with a large pathology group(s).
- Business Development experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent required.
- Master’s degree preferred (MS, MBA, MPH, or equivalent).
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a system-wide incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
About Sharp HealthCare ~
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 18,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians on medical staffs, and operates 1,850 beds. Sharp HealthCare's workplace was honored by Forbes as one of the best in 2016 and 2017. In addition to the workplace honors, Sharp was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies and one of the 100 Most Wired Organizations by World's Most Ethical Companies and Hospitals & Health Networks.
The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.
Sharp HealthCare Awards and Recognitions
Sharp HealthCare Benefits
Since 2001, our team has been on an exciting journey to transform the health care experience. We are passionate about providing health care the way it should be.
With exceptional skill. With advanced technology. And especially, with kindness and empathy toward our patients and their loved ones. It is going beyond caring for people to caring about people. This is the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience.
Encouraging everyone to find their passion and purpose is at the heart of The Sharp Experience. We are focused on providing an innovative and caring environment where employees are valued for the role they play in helping Sharp achieve its vision to be the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care. Become a part of our team and find out what it means to do what you love.
- Directs and manages the Reference Laboratory Service for Sharp HealthCare.Ensures Reference Laboratory Services procedures/systems are functioning at optimal levels and evaluates processes regularly for continuous improvement.
- Participates in strategic planning and prioritizing of Reference Laboratory Services.
- •Ensures cost effective operation of the Reference laboratories.
- •Coordinates effective routine monitoring and reporting systems for operating budgets and productivity.
- •Ensures corrective action plans are implemented promptly to address activities related to budget development (capital and operational).
- •Continually monitors quality of services provided and effectively initiates changes as needed.
- •Ensures that all Reference Laboratory Services are in compliance with CMS, CAP and Title 17, facility administrative and/or medical staff policies and any other regulatory agency or facility requirement.
- •Coordinates the Reference Laboratory activities related to CAP and CDPH accreditation, maintaining a standard approach to accreditation survey.
- •Develops routine, effective planning and communication for the reference laboratory management team and staff.
- •Develops harmonious, customer-focused, working relationships and communication with the leadership team and Medical Group Leadership and the various entity medical staff members and/or reference Laboratory Service Medical Director.
- •Strives for aggressive standardization in the areas of processes, supplies, equipment, and service agreements that will result in cost savings as well as continue to meet satisfaction levels of customers.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Director Copley Reference Laboratory, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory jobs, Reference Lab jobs, Executive Reference Lab jobs, Sharp Reference Laboratory, Sharp HealthCare jobs