Industry: Retail & Consumer Goods•
8 - 10 years
Posted 196 days ago
Some key responsibilities include:
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Stays abreast of changes in GAAP and non-profit regulations.
- Manages the completion of board reports and other ongoing reporting needs of leadership. Provides analysis of trends and variances to assist management in understanding the financial impact of the business.
- Oversees company’s transaction processing to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash application, and general ledger.
- Sets and monitors the schedule for all aspects of the budget and forecasting process, maintains/improves budget and forecast schedules and related reporting. Supports leadership throughout the organization in preparation of their annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for all financial systems.
- Coordinates annual and other financial audits, reports and tax return preparations.
- Leads and develops the talent of Accounting Team members.
- Leads and/or acts as financial counsel on complex projects throughout the organization.
Exceptional candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a CPA with 8 or more years of experience in an organization with diverse business units.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience with direct supervision responsibilities of accounting required in a large organization with diverse business entities.
• Public accounting experience preferred but not required.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office, integrated accounting systems, fixed assets, budget, report writing and other software products.
• Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable in a dynamic work place while juggling many priorities.
• Proven financial analysis skills