- Build up on the strategy and vision for contracting and implement a new contracting function
- As part of a global contracting team, develop and implement global contracting standards
- Own, design, document and implement contract administration practices, policies, processes and controls that comply with financial, legal and regulatory requirements across NA.
- Support operational excellence whilst being mindful of commercial realities.
- Identify and mitigate client engagement risks by advising Consulting teams with regards to sound contract provisions, standards, and approaches in accordance with HG policies, principles, and standards.
- Lead the review process of MSAs and sizeable contracts to ensure legal and business risks are minimized and operational efficiency is optimized throughout the engagement life cycle
- Partner to develop consistent standards and monitor compliance regularly
- Support legal team to integrate client standards and client project terms into contracts
- Partner directly with proposal process to ensure seamless transition from proposal to contract
- Establish operational practices that ensure controls are in place for exceptions such as acceptance language or extended invoicing terms
- Build and maintain a network of contracting champions in different NA locations to ensure effective local support for the Consulting, finance, and legal departments
- Coach and support local contracting champions across the NA region
- Define, develop, and deploy training required for the new contract process implementation
- Manage and execute change management for contracting initiatives externally and internally
- Development a robust compliance, audit, and trend/portfolio analysis
- Occasionally, participate in and/or coordinate preparation and negotiation of contracts
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or other related field
- 8 or more years of experience managing complex, high-profile contracts or contracting processes
- Previous risk management, compliance or regulatory experience.
- Previous experience in Professional Services or a regulated environment is an advantage
- Commercially astute. Must have a commercial mindset and be able to understand multiple business perspectives. Clear understanding of commercial/client-facing issues
- Significant experience interfacing with external clients and stakeholders
- Proven success in leading significant internal and external change management
- Flexibility and creativity in developing effective contracting terms
- Strong financial and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for standardizing processes to generate efficiencies and improve service levels