The successful candidate will use lean and six sigma knowledge of CI tools along with strong leadership competencies to develop and foster a culture of CI, lead improvement activities involving employees from all levels of the organization and drive the formation and coordination of the business improvement portfolio of strategies. This will include developing the inputs from operational metrics, internal and external customer feedback, employee feedback and executive direction to identify challenges and help facilitate finding solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for formulating the division’s Strategic Goal Deployment, leading improvement projects/events and process accountability, and coordinating with leadership to deliver the necessary outputs that will drive the business outcomes. Support of root cause analysis and corrective action teams will also be a critical part of the position.
This position can be based in either our SPD division (Philadelphia, PA), or at our Power Paragon division (Anaheim, CA).
Your day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Act as an unwavering advocate of LeanSix Sigma (LSS) methodology; partner to the President in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Lead the annual development of company Strategic Goal Deployment (SGD) and execution throughout the year; provide mentoring and leadership to all functional leaders to drive SGD goals and objectives down into the organization.
- Coach, mentor and provide general support/leadership to the organization on the use of Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement tools. Develop and improve manufacturing and administrative processes through the use of lean tools.
- Develop, implement, and drive an operations/business continuous improvement roadmap that includes a project selection methodology/list and work with the management team to deploy the plan.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities and collaboration across the corporation to make use of CI experience provided by other divisions.
- Perform capacity planning, as needed. Understand MRP and related business systems concepts and be able to pull relevant reports.
- Carry out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, budget development and cost analysis to determine project feasibility.
- Drive value stream mapping to define current and the transition to future state.
- Drive cost savings efforts through cycle time decreases, transactional opportunities, setup reduction, etc.
- Advise managers and executives on gaps and opportunities for integration of the business system and process improvements, within and between work groups.
- Perform capital equipment justification and process capital equipment requests (CER). Perform make-buy analysis and present to management.
- Recommend training programs and interact with outside and internal trainers.
- Partner with the HR leader to help drive all employee engagement activities across the organization.
- Ensure integration of safety and quality into every facet of all activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (industrial or manufacturing engineeringpreferred), similar technical degree and/or Business degree with technical background via experience. MBA preferred.
- Recognized LSS Black Belt certification required.
- Certified Kaizen Leader (lean practitioner) in multiple lean tools preferred.
- Ten plus years of operations/manufacturing related work experience, preferably in both high and low volume mix model production.
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Supervisory experience with manufacturing engineering/management experiencepreferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures and training hourly and exempt associates.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines on schedule and within forecasted budget.
- Demonstrated ability to creating and execute influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interests and business goals.
- Demonstrated success in translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and driving organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyzing new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.