The Director, Continuous Improvement will report to the Sr. Director of Pharmacy Operations, Central Services. Drives the strategic deployment for continuous improvement across the entire organization. Leads network of Continuous Improvement Professionals, with both direct and indirect reporting relationship. Directs improvement initiatives from strategic planning, business case development/approval, event facilitation, project management and realization of benefits. Responsible for thought leadership, implementation, and maturity of the Pharmacy Operating System. Ensures core principles of employee engagement, waste elimination and continuous improvement and member experience are improved. Employ continuous improvement and RCCA methodologies to simultaneously achieve bottom line business results and develop people. Assists in the development and implementation of Quality Management System, (QMS) elements including Policies, Procedures, Standard Work Instructions, auditing and other controls.
- Drive Continuous Improvement(CI) as a top strategy and clearly announce it as a main priority to support the Member and Home Delivery Strategy
- Work closely with Work Stream Sponsors and Owners, who are responsible for executing business line strategies and setting visionary objectives and priorities.
- Coach, mentor and develop a team of CI Professionals, ensuring proficiency in application of continuous improvementevent facilitation, and project management tools and methodologies.
- Recognized as a key Champion of Change across Home Delivery Operations, ensuring that process improvement activity is communicated, supported, and celebrated within the organization.
- Provide leadership and coaching to ensure participation and buy in from all levels of leadership in order to successfully implement improved processes.
- Allocate the necessary resources (people, investment) to guide the transformation process at the Enterprise/Work Stream level using a multifunctional approach.
- Define a project structure for experienced CI staff to lead the transformation with detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, and status reports.
- Establish regular follow-up processes to revise at the highest level of the organization the implementation status and achievement of results.
- Apply effective controls, ensuring that process improvements are sustained.
- Responsible for enabling Pharmacy Operations Cost, Member Experience, and Quality targets.
- Stakeholder, partner and influence CI professionals that are within other parts of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field; or 16-20 years relevant work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years relevant experience
- Ability to develop a vision and lead a team of CI professionals from multiple CI disciplines while being flexible in approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate vision to senior leaders.
- Ability to manage change, timelines and balance multiple deadlines in a very fast paced environment.
- Coaching and mentoring and driving a vision for continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop a team of CI professionals to improve and increase the effectiveness of facilitation of CI events in different business environments.
- Proficient with CI methodology – including, but not limited to: Six Sigma, Visual Management, VSM, RCCA, Kaizen, A3, SWI, SOP, FMEA, DMAIC etc.
- Developing Quality Management Systems with integrated Policies, Procedures and Standard Work preferred.
- Developing and delivering continuous improvement “Teach and Do” Modulesand Tool Kit.
- Program and Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in often ambiguous situations to solve complex problems and improve quality and member experience.
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharmacy Operations Group is made up of our national network of wholly owned home delivery pharmacies. These pharmacies consist of administrative processing, Therapeutic Resource Centers and dispensing facilities with state-of-the-art technology that work together to provide clients and members with superior services. These facilities offer fast, seamless service to our members as prescriptions are routed between pharmacies for the highest quality and most expeditious processing and dispensing. Our sophisticated information technology systems and wide network of credentialed pharmacists in specific areas of expertise make us the only pharmacy network capable of delivering our unique practice model.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.
Job ID: REQ20021041