BlackBerry is looking for a Director of Content Strategy to make a significant impact through compelling storytelling and measurable content experiences to fuel BlackBerry’s thought leadership. If you are highly strategic, collaborative and creative, then you’re exactly who we are looking for. And if you can combine these talents with an understanding of how content can achieve measurable business and communications goals, you’ll thrive in this role.
You’ll lead a team of writers, former journalists-freelancers, to define, manage and own BlackBerry’s global content strategy, and you’ll be comfortable to roll up your sleeves to write, edit, and produce thought provoking content.
We are looking for a leader who enjoys a fast-pace, is passionate about storytelling in all forms - blog, video-script, whitepaper, research report or guide, use case, or other - to tell our story.
You are a leader who is passionate about the security space, security technologies and innovation, cyber, AI, IoT/IoE, endpoint security, cloud/IT, and constantly thinking of inventive ways to drive greater impact through written and visual content.
This role reports to the Head of Global Communications based in San Ramon, California.
- Define, implement, and own the global content strategy, content calendar(s), and delivery of KPIs.
- A thinker and strategist who can collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop clear, concise, and engaging content aligned with BlackBerry messaging, key words/search, and brand.
- Plan, write, manage, edit, a wide variety of content including blog posts, best practices and how-to pieces, whitepapers, ghostwritten articles, corporate marketing copy-collateral, guides, video scripts, and more.
- Develop thoughtful, compelling and approachable content assets, that lead to tangible, positive results for our audience – winning hearts and minds.
- Lead the team towards delivery of world-class content and messaging that drives awareness, perception, and preference of BlackBerry.
- Help the content team establish the frameworks that hold our content to high standards of clarity, effectiveness and style, ensuring that all content is on-message, on-brand, and leveraging its full potential.
- Collaborate closely, in partnership, with Product Management, Program Management, Threat Research and Insights, and Customer Advocacy teams, to help incorporate our product/solutions messaging into content strategy to differentiate us amongst key audiences.
- Ensure all content is consistent in terms of style, quality, tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content.
- Copyeditor, an arbiter of best practices in grammar, writing, and style.
- Ability to act effectively with high-level direction.
- Have proven work experience managing content strategy globally with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to back it up.
- Understand that content has to be great, but more importantly, it has to also achieve business and communications goals; build preference, and map to KPIs.
- Thrive and enjoy working in a fast-paced and changing environment (transformation brand).
- Have excellent analytical skills to put data/insights at the heart of the content strategy.
- Are able to connect compelling, thought provoking stories to customer and/or industry challenges (how/where BlackBerry solves).
- A leader who is versatile with their experience and can write long form and short form.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a BA/BS (or 8 years with MA/MS) in a global content role; including writing experience with B2B technology companies; experience in security/cybersecurity space; agency and in-house environments.
- Management experience requirement 4 years plus 2 years of Sr. Mgmt./Director level.