Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We’re looking for a dynamic leader to manage our US editorial content production operations. You are someone who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment. This position is responsible for managing and evolving our event coverage operations ensuring that we are effectively producing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Responsible for building and directing editorial content operations for North American event coverage.
- Lead content operations team responsible for entertainment and fashion event production.
- Define and implement workflows, tools and systems for live event content production.
- Direct event operational planning including event field editing strategy and resource assignments, IT/network requirements, partnerships, and budget management.
- Determine and implement editing strategy, leading initiatives to advance the consistency of image production and publishing.
- Build and coach content production team; design and implement training programs to bring about expedited onboarding and editing consistency.
- Establish partnerships with event organizers, PRs, and IT service providers in support of differentiated content production.
- Develop production metrics for image production and quality; measureable commitments that support strategic initiatives and market coverage targets.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 10+ years of professional photo industry business experience along with domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and celebrity media.
- Strong bias for action; exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines.
- Experience managing output-focused operations, production measurement and workflow optimization.
- Strong business workflow and data analysis skills. Experience defining and implementing content operations work models and production schedules.
- Outstanding team leadership skills. Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, with strong ability to align and inspire teams.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekends.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.