Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Content Director to help grow organic traffic to Twilio.com and SendGrid.com through SEO-driven blog content. The Content Director will focus on attracting builders of all types to Twilio. This role will report into the Senior Director of Content Marketing on The Developer Network Team and will regularly work with product management, operations, and content strategy. The person will advise a team of strategic writers as you build a comprehensive editorial calendar alongside established writing teams at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who has led happy, high growth, data-backed editorial teams. You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or proven experience required. 12+ years of SEO-focused short-form writing experience, preferably in SaaS. 5+ years of direct leadership experience, and you bring a passion for management!
- The ability to articulate the why behind your content creation, not just the how
- Proven experience mapping SEO initiatives to company growth imperatives
- Analytical acumen—the ability to provide context behind our results and share with relevant partners
- A strong point of view when it comes to content creation
- Copyediting experience with best-in-class standards for editorial quality. In addition, you bring an immaculate attention to detail
- An aptitude for explaining technical topics in a digestible way
- Experience in Google Analytics, WordPress, Tableau
As Content Director, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Innately understand the questions that current and potential customers are asking, and ensure that we’re answering them with thoughtful, evergreen, and optimized answers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Add process and precision to our editorial planning for more non-technical blog content. Ability to clearly articulate our growth strategy and the critical metrics we’ll measure against.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate across various content producing teams to ensure we’re accurately serving our customers, as well as crafting efficiencies between teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new organic growth ideas from internal and external sources and work across the Twilio and SendGrid.com domains to ensure our content efforts are working in concert, not conflict.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Cultivate an inclusive team of strategic writers who openly brainstorm, co-edit, and share in the team’s successes.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Identify key short-term wins while always keeping an eye on our long-term growth goals. Be able to navigate fluid timelines while delivering high quality work.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the accurate measurement of our content production and hold each piece we publish to the highest standards