Director, Content Marketing
It's not just clich?. The heart of Billtrust is our people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 15 years. And, we're transforming the industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment cycle management solution from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
What you'll do
As the Content Marketing Director, you will drive content strategy and creation for Billtrust by implementing a comprehensive content delivery plan, including thought leadership pieces, eBooks, whitepapers, external press op-ed, customer stories and other collateral. You will be responsible for strengthening Billtrust's value proposition through sophisticated content strategies and high-impact content pieces. The content you create will educate our market on why and how they can use SaaS A/R automation and order-to-cash technology as well as encourage them to use Billtrust solutions.
The Content Marketing Director will also implement rigorous project management processes to ensure content timeframes and purpose are communicated to stakeholders as well as closely work with Demand Generation to optimize content goals as they relate to leads and opportunities.
- Managing the content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing team, Product Marketing team, and Sales teams to define what content and what content delivery mechanism will drive brand and ultimately customer demand
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that best aligns to Billtrust's customer buying cycle
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels, including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation.
- The planning and creation of high-impact, optimized content in support of demand generation goals and corporate initiatives
- Collaborate with Design team during the creation of written content to strengthen the relationship between words and images in all assets
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive content calendar, ensuring coordination with other internal constituents
- Developing and managing an internal and external team of content contributors, writers, and consultants
- Comprehensive and ongoing measurement of the performance of individual pieces of content and the overall content program
- Build and lead a team of content writers, editors and subject matter experts
- Stay up to date on the newest trends and technologies for our industry
What you'll bring to the team
- Key content marketing skills, including: editorial, strategic planning, project management, analytical.
- Experience driving engagement through multiple media types including but not limited to Slideshare, social, infographics and various written forms.
- Strong writing, editing and writer-coaching skills
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns
- 7+ years of experience in an editorial/content strategy & management of a multi-channel content program
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or comparable field including Digital Marketing required
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is "Casual Friday', we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- Convenience: Our office is conveniently located just east of downtown Denver several miles from the Denver International Airport.