Parenting is demanding, and that’s where we come in. We want to reimagine how brands can make it easier for early stage parents – not by just selling them products, but by providing holistic solutions that transcend borders, categories and aisles.
No matter our title or department, at Kids II, our job is to create more tiny wins for parents, so they can create bright futures for their little ones. That’s a big task!
We’re serious about what we do, AND we love to have fun. Our team is hardworking, entrepreneurial, and passionate about helping families create millions, if not billions of tiny wins.
Like it’s counterparts in the Kids II family of baby and toddler products, Kids II Media is the platform for building revenue streams from a variety of media outlets such as books, music, video, digital content/application, leveraging the Baby Einstein and/or other Kids II brands. This new venture will build on the excellent reputation the Kids II brands have developed and expand the product offering by enhancing learning and solutions for parents through media.
The Director – Media is responsible for developing the strategy and execution plan for utilizing media outlets to further the growth and recognition of the Kids II sub-brands. This position, working closely with other Kids II departments, will oversee the full product development process from ideation through commercialization for new offerings in the media space. Developing strategies, evaluating financial return, fostering creative partnerships, determining marketing and distribution channels are the key focus areas for this role.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for developing the overall Kids II media strategy
Establish the Media business’ objectives and align them with Kids II’s business strategy through active participation in the corporate strategic planning, budgeting and resource planning processes.
Institute an ideation process for creating and generating media related product offerings including competitive landscape mapping and cost/revenue projections.
Proactively assesses existing and potential investments, and ensures investments yield financial benefits consistent with established objectives.
Source and evaluate media partnership opportunities that will enhance Kids II’s brand awareness and contribute to the company’s bottom line. Such partners/partnerships must also be consistent with Kids II’s values and standards.
Responsible to keeping up to date with media landscape changes, technical innovations, opportunities, product offerings, etc. and determining how Kids II can benefit/participate
Build and enhance Kids II’s profile in the Children’s media industry
Recruit and lead high performing team members when applicable
Collaborate with Kids II business units to identify opportunities for cross-selling and alignment of offerings.
Meet assigned KPI targets
Accountable for the Media organization’s budget.
Establishes and maintains productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers, partners and colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 15+ years of experience in leading a business unit, or similar revenue generating entity in a business to consumer environment.
- 5+ years of experience with global marketing leadership, within one or more of the following creative industries: book publishing, tv/video production, music publishing, or on-line/digital application development.
- Preference for professional experience in the children’s media space
- Experience in developing and implementing multiple distribution channel strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and managing complex commercial arrangements, contracts, etc
- Strong track record of delivering against both quantitative and qualitative targets
- Proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 35% or less
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business, marketing, communications or related field required.
- M.B.A. preferred.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets, objectives and KPIs.
- Demonstrated strategic mindset
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Ability to leverage data to make good decisions.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work meet deadlines in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable in a roll up your sleeves environment.
- A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary business skills.
We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, and generous benefits. Plus, to keep things fun (because we are all kids at heart), we offer a host of team member activities and philanthropic efforts throughout the year and company-wide awards and recognition for a job well done!
Check out our website at www.kidsii.com and our social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram for more information and open positions in the career section.