Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Content and Communications will be responsible for contributing to the commercial development of Waters business in partnership with various functional groups to achieve the company’s financial objectives. The Director will partner with the product and market segment leaders/teams to develop marketing plans that align with the CEO’s vision and corporate strategy.
The Director will lead a team of Directors/Senior Managers (4+ direct reports) and about 20+ indirect reports responsible for developing and executing content strategies across Americas, Europe and APAC within a wide range of marketing disciplines including not limited to:
- Marketing Communications for Product and Vertical Markets including digital marketing and social media, working closely with Marketing Operations to adopt best practices.
- Global Advertising & Media
- Global Events and Trade Shows
He/she will lead a combined effort on content and communications for products, systems and markets, aligned with customer needs and the scientific buyer’s journey, with a strong emphasis on digital first programs. He/she will also be responsible for directing the efforts of the Events team.
- Oversight for strategic communication across all product and market segment
- Work with the leaders of the market segments and product teams to develop marketing communication strategies in support of business and product commercialization.
- Advise and partner with business teams on global marketing and communications strategies, product / services brand positions, specific program tactics, sales collateral and other market / client facing communication.
- Manage outside agencies to plan, negotiate and buy media in traditional media outlets.
- Work with the web team, digital marketing and Social Media team to do the same in online media outlets.
- Responsible for driving an events strategy in partnership with the leader of the Events team
- Manage multiple external communications agencies and professionals.
- Lead, develop & motivate a direct team of marketing professionals and influence cross-functional teams across the organization
- Senior Marketing professional with 10+ years of experience.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Experience in B2B businesses, preferably in the life science industry.
- 7+ years of experience leading teams, including leading other people managers
- High-level strategic thinking with the ability to concisely translate complex scientific topics to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience driving digital assets through integrated marketing platforms
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact.
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners.
- Balance of strategic and execution skills.
- Excellent communication
- Creative, innovative and future-oriented.
- Adaptable and able to create and be successful in a dynamic cross matrix environment
- Passion to manage, engage and develop people.
- Strong analytical and excellent communication skills, essential to support business proposals and win the support within a data-driven organization.
- Strategic Mindset in order to see ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies