Purpose of Job:
The Director, Contact Centre Controls & Monitoring is responsible for the management, oversight and sustainment of strategic Regulatory Compliance initiatives (e.g. AML), Privacy and Operational Risk programs (e.g. Sales Practices), and audit readiness and resolution of findings, across all Contact Centres globally. This is a key role, working with partners, to ensure that third party and fraud risk frameworks are designed, implemented, and monitored.
The Director will be accountable for strategically redesigning the existing operating model and approach to Controls and Monitoring by reengineering processes and leveraging analytics and technology solutions.
This will require leading and facilitating the necessary monitoring/testing programs of internal controls and policies in order to identify and assess potential operational, legal, financial and reputational risks, and proposing effective solutions to mitigate those risks in the Contact Centres.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Leads the redesign and implementation of a global strategy and approach to Controls & Monitoring across the Contact Centres.
- Oversees the development and improvement of operational risk changes including system enhancements required by regulatory changes and escalate, track and ensure resolution on issues that pose operational regulatory risk to the bank.
- Supports the implementation of new initiatives, system solutions and/or products/services by reviewing business cases, business requirements and other project documents in order to identify and mitigate possible compliance risks.
- Provides centralized oversight to monitor and analyze reported regulatory compliance risks and control gaps to address systemic weaknesses in processes, reporting to stakeholders and senior management detailed review findings along with recommendations.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements to provide ongoing monitoring support to the Business Units by applying a risk-based approach to identify, risk-assess, communicate, manage and mitigate regulatory compliance risk applicable to Contact Centre operations.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to privacy, operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk.
- Assists with the completion of reports and requirements as requested by Audit, OSFI and other compliance and regulatory bodies.
- Liaises with the appropriate business units (i.e. Enterprise Global Risk, Privacy, Strategic Sourcing, etc.) to seek clarification and guidance on contract exceptions and/or issues.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- Undergraduatedegree in business or related field required, MBA preferred;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Highly-developed management skills to coordinate and delegate activities, and develop and maintain quality performance
- Operate with high degree of independence and requires sound judgment and discretion in reporting or escalating complex and sensitive issues guidelines/prescribed routines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual – English, Spanish considered an asset
Requisition ID: 19875