This position will supplement a high performing leadership team accountable for leading customer driven service and administration solutions. This position oversees a group of leaders charged with building customer loyalty through the effectiveutilization of customer centric front line teams in multiple sites and/or disciplines in the contact center. Inpartnership with the AVP, the Director will drive enhanced talent development and improved key performance metrics through key strategic and leadership initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for leading operational areas and promoting an environment of creativity and ideation.
- Foster a workplace culture of open communications and partnerships among colleagues who challenge each other for optimal results.
- Take ownership for strategic level initiatives from inception to implementation.
- Develop leaders – set high goals for team, build robust development plans and take bold action to ensure we have a strong and diverse leadership team.
- Proactively identify and research issues exercising creative and consultative business problem solving methods.
- Partner with critical business leaders to share data, metrics and customer feedback; identify and resolve issues, implement workflow processes.
- Engage cross functional teams as the primary business owner responsible for proactive efficiency and/or product development projects related to the service center.
- Apply broad business understanding of internal and external trends; leverage technology to drive change and operational efficiency.
- Attract, build and strengthen exceptional leadership qualities at all levels of the organization.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent, relevant experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience with demonstrated ability to deliver results and develop talent including coaching and leading managers.
- Established personnel management track record of hiring, motivating and developing leaders.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and quality improvement methods.
- Sound understanding of technology to drive enhancements to service models.
- Proven ability to think strategically and respond tactically in a dynamic environment.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Strong collaboration skills; demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional business areas to achieve results with multiple and diverse priorities.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, motivate, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment with solid team building skills
- Strong analytical ability.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Verbal skills particularly important in order to inform, negotiate, motivate and persuade.
- Proven success in setting organizational vision/strategy and leading organizational change.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.