Director, Contact Center
Summary of This Role
Manages the departmental operations for the call center. Interacts with client leadership requiring issue resolution. Oversees the efficiency/quality of monitoring call volumes ensuring Service Level Agreements are maintained. Plans, directs, supervises, and evaluates work flow. Conducts call patternforecasting activities. Establishes procedures and scripts used by team members. Improves processes, procedures, and productivity based on statistics (total calls, average number of calls on hold, hold times, etc.). Ensures that reporting is accurate and is completed in a timely manner. Manages call list including verifying tracking processes, contact attempts, etc. Resolves systems problems that may affect departmental standards.
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to large teams across diverse functional areas. Develops & communicates strategic and tactical plans. Ensures quantitative and qualitative objectives are met. Develops organizational structure to meet current and future business needs. Oversees capacity planning, scheduling, workforce management, training and quality assurance. Represents TSYS in the business community. Provides on call site support.
- Participates and or leads Client meetings (Business Reviews, Operations Performance meetings and Call Quality Calibration meetings). Consults with other teams to deliver Client contractual requirements. Communicates with clients regarding service agreements, quality results and financial liabilities, and helping develop ways to increase efficiencies within Managed Services. Resolves executive level complaints and escalations by collaborating with the Client..
- Works in conjunction with relevant teams on call volume forecasts and the staffingrequired to handle the projected volume. Ensure schedules are optimized to answer calls in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring contractual service levels and operational goals are achieved.
- Creates and executes annual budgets for the area of responsibility. Analyzes financial data to identify opportunities to increase yield / profit. Identifies and implements continuous improvement strategies to streamline processes and reduce expense. Analyzes and executes hiring plans to maximize workforce output and reduce expenses. Approves operational expenses.
- Manages vendor/provider relationships and association requirements for the client.
- Constructs site level BCP (Business Continuity Plan) to ensure continued service delivery during business outages / disaster events. Develops and manages leadership succession plan to ensure seamless leadership support as attrition occurs. Identifies and mitigates operational risk to minimize losses, protect company image / brand, limit financialrisk, and improve productivity. Works with appropriate departments to ensure adherence to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Coordinates with business partners to launch new business opportunities, focusing on profitability and efficiencies during client conversions by participating in division discussions, beginning with contract negotiations and ending with actual conversions. Collaborates with the Sales team to develop new business proposals for current Client base and prospects. Participates in the sales process by leading site tours and providing subject matter expertise.
- Involved in the research, identification, selection, development and implementation of new products, services, and technologies. Ensures product and service offerings align with strategic direction. Develops business plans and financial justifications to support new product recommendations and development.
- Establishes audit processes for accuracy of work. Ensures that documentation is preserved and can be retrieved for audit, review, and legal purposes. Approves the fulfillment requests from internal and external auditors, ensuring documentation is in compliance with regulatory needs.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years call center experience
- Related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in a managerial position
- Preferred Qualifications
- Previous BPO call center management experience;
- Previous financial services experience a plus.
- Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred.