The Director, Consumer Lending New Account Acquisitions Risk Manager reports to the Senior Risk Manager for Consumer Credit and is responsible for holistic management and oversight of credit strategies related to new consumer and small business accounts for MUFG Union Bank’s (MUB) Retail Banking credit card portfolio and unsecured loan and line portfolios. The role will work closely with business unit management and third party service providers in the development and execution of strategies that effectively balance risk and opportunity within the bank’s stated risk appetite.
- Ensure the establishment and effectiveness of credit policies, underwriting standards, risk limits and approval authorities. Maintain risk control framework and governance to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain a clear risk appetite and ensure it is monitored and updated as appropriate.
- Support credit risk strategies within direct mail and/or other marketing programs.
- Work with third party loan originators to ensure consistent credit quality in loan purchases.
- Build, test and monitor champion/challenger strategies that drive continuous improvement in portfolio quality.
- Perform independent portfolio monitoring and surveillance and high level riskreporting (ARC, RCoB, Investor, etc).
- Encourage appropriate risk expansion and credit optimization that are within overall bank standards.
- Oversee periodic scorecard monitoring and validation.
- Perform detailed monitoring and reporting, both periodic and adhoc, to efficiently and effectively provide insight into performance of credit strategies, and to identify unique risks and opportunities within the business.
- Identify and monitor relevant economic metrics that impact lending quality and adjust strategy as necessary.
- Develop and present risk assessments and key reporting highlights in risk reviews.
- Prepare written documentation in support of audit or regulatory exams.
- Monitor internal and third-party control environment and work with LOB to assess control effectiveness.
- Contribute to the design of the future-state data environment.
- Lead periodic credit risk meetings with internal partners and third parties.
- Develop thorough, concise and data-driven business cases to support changes in strategy.
- Bachelordegree and 7+ years’ of financial services experience
- Analytical and modeling experience in credit card services
- Significant experience using SAS, R, SPSS, or other similar data analytics packages
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and significant experience using all MS office applications
- Experience in general data management is preferred
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in developing and presenting recommendations to senior management and executive committees
Requisition #: 10021901-WD