If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The Director, Brand Insights is responsible for identifying key consumer insights across 5+ Wine & Spirits Brands, building a strong portfolio of brands to deliver on business objectives. This role leads the creation of project learning plans that drive the development of consumer driven brands, and influences and inspires the Wine & Spirits to think consumer first. The Director works closely with the Marketing Team to discover consumer opportunities for growth with the ultimate goal of building consumer demand and driving long term profitable growth. The role reports to the SVP, Consumer Insights & Trends.
- Proactively develops learning plans for brands to uncover unmet needs with minimal assistance from the SVP
- Lead multiple custom research projects, ensuring each project is grounded in sound methodologies and recommendations.
- Is the "voice of the consumer" in brand strategy and brand positioning, influencing the brand teams to build consumer driven brands
- Inspires advertising, media, and promotion agencies' planning to ensure key consumer insights are reflected in all programs.
- Monitors the health of the brand using internal and external data resources to identify challenges and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
- Collaborates closely with Analytics to measure and analyze pre-launch performance to provide impactful recommendations to the Marketing team.
- Integrates various types of research (analytics, shopper, emerging opportunities) into the Brand Planning process, resulting in one version of the truth.
- Works closely with the Growth and Marketing Leadership teams on 1-2 portfolio projects to drive change based on marketplace trends, technology and consumer behavior.
- Manages two direct reports
- A bachelor's degree in relevant field (marketing/business, psychology, sociology).
- 10+ years of consumer insights experience within CPG industry.
- Demonstrates a passion for understanding the consumer and their motivations in the beverage alcohol business.
- Excellent communication skills; very articulate, strong public speaking and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong cross functional skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand consumer insights that drive the business objectives forward.
- Strong team player and proven ability to work and lead with others (internally and externally).
- Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize, and successfully manage projects.
- Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen).
- Travel Required: Must be flexible in work style and schedule: travel up to 25%.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. It also requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment, reading, talking and hearing for extended periods of time.