We are looking for a strategic and experienced Go-to-Market professional to join our growing team. As a Director on our Consumer Go-to-Market Strategy & Planning, you will play a critical role in determining how our organization approaches the industry and the commercial readiness of our products and services, connecting the different solutions for our consumer base into one, working in a global framework but consulting local teams to respect their nuances.
At PayPal we need to tell great stories to our customers to inspire them about our proposition. You will play a key role in telling that story, through bringing our vision and products to life for our customers. To make this happen, you will work in a cross-functional team across product, product marketing, marketing, brand, integrated marketing, sales, risk, compliance, legal, operations and more to ensure commercial readiness for the launch.
The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executives as well as all other levels and external stakeholders, globally.
- Articulate a clear strategy that will effectively capture customer attention and business value through efficient presentations and influence others to achieve our GTM goals
- Analyze market trends, internal data, customer feedback, competition, current solutions, and strategic priorities to help define new offerings, create go-to-market strategies and plans and drive go-to-market execution
- Drive GTM-related integration efforts and lead critical work streams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Set, track and report quarterly and yearly business objectives, provide clear articulation of assessments, recommend plan adjustments as necessary
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to achieve success against the business plan (including product development, strategy, marketing, sales, support, operations, finance, research and executives) to ensure commercial readiness, drive demand, adoption and overall success of our products
- Evaluate PayPal Consumer Go-to-Market strategies and practices and recommend changes based on industry leading practices and organizational considerations
- Evaluate and lead the implementation or enhancements of GTM platforms & process
- Develop frameworks and drive alignment for new business model exploration and flawless execution
- Develop and communicate innovative strategies, combining data-driven knowledge about the market and insights into customer’s needs, bringing the two together in a compelling and powerful story.
- Manage a team of two
- Superb leadership and influencing skills
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize
- Solid analytical thinking with proven results when that is applied
- Executive presence, strong verbal and written communication
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams, either in a direct or indirect/matrixed capacity
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, teaming & resolve conflict between diverse stakeholder groups
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; problem-solver mindset
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- People management skills
- Ability to move from strategy to execution when needed
- Works efficiently under pressure
- Track record of delivering tangible results
- Appetite to learn and comfort with uncertainty market positions
- Ability to influence senior leaders
- MBA or advanced degree in the marketing field
- Minimum of 15+ years' experiencerequired / preferred
- Experience in Product Marketing and Go-to-Market initiatives preferably in the FinTech or FMCG industries
- Cross-functional and matrix experience across Products, Sales and Marketing teams is a plus
- Strong business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create structure and drive progress in an ambiguous environment.
- Superb communication skills; ability to comfortably interact with executive management; ability to craft and tailor a compelling message to a given audience and to communicate our expertise in simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Demonstrated ability to scope, create and successfully deploy new strategy/ initiatives / capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- Experience in influencing and aligning cross functional partners, from seniors to frontline, across divergent points of view and/or functions (Franchise, Commercial, Sales) to drive action and change
- Experience in leading self and others to solve complex analytical problems
- Experience in translating business requirements to analytical requirements & solutions
- Strong ability to make decisions & forge alignment in ambiguous and changing situations
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.