Director - Consumer and Marketplace Technology Capabilities - Shopping and Selling
This position will have global responsibility for the systems supporting our shopping and selling capabilities across VF’s Direct to Consumer and Wholesale businesses.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- All consumer facing systems including our online technologies supporting site navigation, payment, checkout, etc.. and in store technologies like point of sale, to bring about our Omni Channel vision and strategy.
- As this includes all consumer facing systems this will include the experience we enable across our wholesale partners as well, ensuring that where appropriate we enable a consistent and seamless experience for our consumer.
- Lead software and hardware evaluations and selections to support business requirements.
- Build teams andpartnerships with key business stakeholders and vendors to ensure business requirements and design are meeting or exceeding goals and objectives.
- To provide management and leadership of the of the team supporting these capabilities, to include full responsibility for the recruitment, motivation, development, and retention of staff.
- Manage and maintain a schedule of deliverables with strategic vendors – including Communication and management of vendor deliverables and impact to timelines and business expectations.
- Partner with all business teams across all of our brands and across channels, in support of Digital and In Store commerce, as well as store operations.
- Partner with our other capabilities owners and service owners to ensure that the Global Business Technology Operating model successfully achieves our corporate strategy.
- in the design and development of transaction selling that includes a higher level of customer engagement and support of sales associate’s ability to use the latest technology to support these initiatives.
- Ensure that strategy and roadmap development continues to keep our brands on the leading edge of the best consumer experiences in our industry.
- Benchmark industry trends to help to define and expand our strategies supporting our Direct to Consumer and Wholesale businesses.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of those strategies.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+ years
- Candidate must possess a strong understanding of our consumer and must understand how to build and lead a diverse team across many touchpoints and distributed locations.
- Candidate must have experience building and running teams in fast paced, challenging and difficult environments.
- Retail and Digital experience a plus
- This individual must have experience and understanding of experience design and its role in developing solutions.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Candidate should have extremely strong influencing, problem solving, and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Candidate should have a successful track record of creating and delivering effective, timely and cost-effective solutions to meet business objectives.
- Candidate should be able to comfortably interact and influence at the executive level as well as the individual contributor level, being able to manage stakeholders across a many different environments.
- Should be comfortable with being hands on in the creation of solutions and work as a team player.
- Candidate must be able to gather information rapidly, work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be results oriented.
- Candidate must be able to drive regular measuring and reporting on progress towards goals.
- Must be comfortable presenting and leading discovery sessions with business teams, both executive/leadership level and individual contributors.