Sg2 is a place where extraordinary thinkers work together to create uncommon solutions.
Sg2, a Vizient company, enables health care executives to make better, faster, more cost-effective strategic decisions through a unique combination of industry-leading market analytics and unrivaled expertise. Over 1,500 organizations around the world rely on Sg2's membership and consulting solutions to develop sustainable growth strategies that create an effective System of CARE and ensure market relevance.
Summary: The Consulting Director will manage multiple consulting engagements working with project delivery staff on project execution including conception, issue identification, hypothesis formation, as well as the research, analysis, and writing of client-ready deliverables.
- Serve as project manager for consulting projects.
- Manage large and complex strategic consulting engagements with marquee clients
- Identify upsell consulting/analytics engagement opportunities.
- Provide executive level consultation/facilitation to our clients.
- Manage project team to develop and deliver high quality work including consulting deliverables, presentations, Sg2 publications etc.
- Develop new thought leadership and service offerings
- Conduct expert calls with clients on topics specific to the Director’s subject matter expertise
- Contribute to Sg2 overall and departmental financial and delivery targets by ensuring work is delivered on time and on budget
- Cultivate and manage relationships with clients
- 7+ year's relevant health care strategic planning or strategy consulting experience (preferably in healthcare) required
- Prior management consulting experience in a consulting company is required
- Prior experience working with large healthcare systems strongly preferred
- Advanced degrees in Business Administration and/or Health Care Management (MBA, MHA) strongly preferred. Other advanced degrees in clinical medicine (MD, RN), sciences (PhD), engineering or economics will be considered
- Ability to collaborate with and understand the needs of C-level executives and translate those needs into actionable results and plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale projects and deliver excellent outcomes
- Demonstrated strategic thinking as well as the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and be involved with the team and the project activities, as appropriate
- Ability to develop, promote and clearly communicate a vision
- Demonstrated experience developing analysis, presentations, support material and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral
- Proven ability to manage and mentor team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups, manage project teams, and achieve results
- Dedication to teamwork
- Ability to influence diverse teams and build strong relationships
- An uncompromising commitment to quality
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.