Job Title: Director, Consulting Services
Apex Systems has a rapidly growing consulting services business led by former KPMG Consulting Senior Partner and BearingPoint EVP, Robin Palmer. Apex President, Rand Blazer was formerly the Chairman and CEO of KPMG Consulting / BearingPoint.
Since formation in 2010, Apex's IT Services business has experienced significant growth due to a unique go to market strategy which embraces the "New Normal" for IT Services by providing targeted professional services at half the price of traditional firms by combining seasoned experienced consulting professionals with the strengths of Apex's core recruiting and staffing business. on the Apex Systems IT Services business visit: .
This position will serve as engagement manager, director-level, for multiple consulting engagements with our clients and will act as a consultant to current and prospective accounts, to understand their needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Position involves client relationship building, executive-level communications/presentations, reviewing and monitoring quality of client deliverables, supervising engagement teams, as well as scoping and estimating new engagements.
- Manage day-to-day engagement delivery, including the resolution of any matters that arise and all related communications with clients and Engagement MDs
- Manage client expectations and related client communications, usually in conjunction with Engagement Managing Director
- Provide detailed tracking of Tasks and Deliverables
- Ensure quality and timeliness of Deliverables
- Prepare estimates at completion and monitor/resolve any budget overruns/shortfalls
- Provide status reports of progress on all active engagements
- Manage scope and financials for engagements and assist in keeping the engagement on track for time, budget, and deliverables
- Monitor engagements, ensuring scope and contract compliance
- Manage quality of Delivery and communicate to client and Engagement Managing Director if issues arise
- Performance management for engagement teams
- Estimate and scope new project opportunities in support of Apex sales professionals
- Preparation of estimates and budgets for new engagements
- Develop new business in new and existing accounts
- Coach and mentor IT staffing professionals to enable them to sell new IT Services opportunities in existing accounts
- Support existing Apex sales team members to position, propose, sell and close new IT Services business
- Develop and maintain client executive and manager-level relationships
Managing the Business
- Each Director is assigned one Subject Matter Expertise area in support of the business as a whole: Specific Solutions, Project Management, Methodology Framework, and Technology Enablement for practice, etc.
- Performance Manager for up to five (5) manager or engagement delivery coordinator level individuals
- Good organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint advanced features
- Understanding and knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and alternative delivery approaches such as Agile.
- Experience with onboarding/off-boarding associates/consultants at client
- Experience with project/program portfolio management, tracking and collaboration tools such as: Clarity, HP PPM, PlanView, SharePoint, OWB, MS Project, Jira, TFS, etc.
- Great customer relationship management focus
- Results oriented with a high sense of urgency to meet client requirements
- Experience with resources planning, budgeting and forecasting
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree with concentration in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems. MBA preferred
- Big 5 Consulting Experience (or similar) at Manager or Senior Manager level
- Experience managing, setting priorities, solving complex problems and selling in a consultative role
- Ability to lead and mentor IT Staffing Sales Directors and Local Account Managers
- Minimum eight (8) years consulting experience
- Performance Manager experience with at least five (5) professionals concurrently
- Successfully managed engagement teams comprised of at least ten (10) professionals per engagement
- Minimum eight (8) years industry-specific experience for the designated industry focus area
- Competitive Base Salary with commission opportunities
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Training and Advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Birthdays Off
- Philanthropic Opportunities
- Referral Program
- Partial Gym Membership Paid
- Team Building Events
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.