Job Role: This role will report directly to the Head of Consultant Relations and will be responsible for establishing new relationships while also maintaining good standing with existing contacts across tier 1, 2 and select tier 3 level consulting firms in order to drive positive ratings and approvals for MIM’s public fixed income and private asset platforms, respectively.
- Identify, initiate, and manage new and existing consultant relationships while continuously engaging with those relationships to communicate the investment strategies and performance of MIM’s Public Fixed Income and Private Asset capabilities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of MIM’s consultant strategy to help underpin client retention, generate new business opportunities, and diversify the business.
- Drive and prioritize the consultant research agenda, working with all key partners to engage with consultants to ensure high level of interaction and understanding of current strategy, focus and advice and utilize relationships to discuss future product development
- Act as primary senior relationship manager across tier 1, 2 and 3 level consultants within North America, marshalling MetLife resources to deliver differentiated solutions and best-in-class client experience
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of MIM products and services across diverse asset classes
- Contribute to idea generation and development of new products to help grow new business opportunities across entities who utilize general consultants, including but not limited to publics, corporates, Taft-Hartley, Insurance, healthcare, non-profits, etc.
- Execute the MIM sales process systematically, with emphasis on teamwork, transparency, and accountability, using appropriate tools, e.g. SalesForce.com and other mediums
- Coordinate cross-functionally within MetLife to facilitate a collaborative approach to winning and supporting mandates
- Leverage and contribute to the development of our sales support and client service capabilities; coordinate with the RFP and Client Service teams to produce timely and thoughtful responses to Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, Due Diligence Questionnaires, and other ad hoc questions received daily by consultants
- Recommend innovative marketing tools and strategies to further grow the business and experience of MIM clients and consultant relationships
Key Stakeholders: Portfolio managers, product specialists, Research, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Marketing; externally, institutional clients
- 7+ years of institutional asset management experience, ideally including 5+ years specifically focused on consultant relations
- Deep understanding of the institutional investment landscape, including clients, drivers, competitors, sales process, and tools, and the proven ability to develop and sustain relationships with key stakeholders across consultant relationships
- Demonstrated success in building longstanding relationships and driving product approvals
- Expertise in investments products and solutions, preferably public and private fixed income
- Strong team player skills; excellent communication with the broader ICG team and the ability to build trusted relationships with senior investment professionals internally and externally
- Understanding of service & operational aspects of consultant relations; proven ability to partner internally to ensure excellent end-to-end experience
- Organizational intelligence and ability to navigate a large, matrixed, global organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and the drive to build and develop a business in a complex, performance oriented environment
- Willingness to embrace new ideas and contribute to a culture of experimentation to achieve and exceed goals
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 license required