The Director, Construction Project Management provides leadership to a team of 15-20 Project Management professionals to enable successful execution of highly complex and fast paced construction projects across the United States and Canada. The position is responsible for the team's successful financial, safety and customer performance. As well as ensuring an engaged, motivated, aligned and collaborative team. The position serves as a key member of Vestas' management team.
- Manage, lead and develop the Project Management team to maximize performance; create and build team environment while providing direction, knowledge and support with prioritization of work and allocation of resources as needed.
- Participate in the development and achievement of business plans and strategic targets.
- Proactively drive process development (streamlining and aligning) to identify, scope and lead improvement projects related to Business Solutions/ERP processes for both Construction and Sales.
- Provide forecast inputs and best practices / lessons learned to the sales team
- Drive cost out programs. Prioritize, and facilitate cost out initiatives, project management thru completion.
- Support the Execution department in the sales phase.
- Interface and influence Global Construction, understand initiatives, represent VAME and drive global programs back thru the Global Construction Organization.
- Participating in developing collaboration and coordination with associated entities in VAME, Denmark and other Business Units for all issues related to Construction and Project Management.
- Review and approve project implementation strategies for Construction.
- 7-10 years of experience in a management position in finance/controlling/contract management in large industrial or construction companies
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Business, Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to achieve high level results through on-going organizational and business systems development using an effective change management and continuous improvement methodology.
- Proven abilities to lead large programs to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to select/retain Project Managers; additional project support and build a strong Project Management Team
- Experienced with third party negotiations and claim handling
- Strong financial and accounting insight incl. tax systems, financial risk management.
- Basic Wind turbine site construction knowledge incl. civil/BOP engineering
- Good understanding of SAP, its modules and functionalities
- Inclusiveness - Achieves a culture of Execution Excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with project management team to advance capability and performance in all operational areas. Makes recommendations and champions improving area work processes.
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Communication- Excellent oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, interpersonal skills, presentation skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting – with team, stakeholders, all levels, etc.)