Description: Provides managerial oversight to a construction project or a series of construction projects. Responsible for the overall direction, administration, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project. Oversees, directs and manages project teams including facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule, to establish operational priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships with service area leadership and staff, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Responsible for overall scope, schedule, and budgets for KP construction and refurbishment projects,generally in the range of $300 million to $1 billion in cumulative budget size.Primary focus on very large singular project(s) (1-3 buildings)--term ends when project is complete.
- Responsible for project delivery in region or service area.
- Leads management team to establish strategic plans and objectives for the function;may assist with developing some cross-functional oriented objectives.
- Provides overall direction and planning for budgeting, managing expense priorities, scheduling, performance requirements, recommending and implementing changes to methods, and input on staffing.
- Influences the development and execution of functional KP-wide policies and long-term goals.
- Participates in development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people for the corporate function.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to Project Managers.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Participates in the long-term strategic planning and direction setting of the function.
- Develops and establishes operational policies within area managed.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate NFS operations and may also, due to their financial scope, have a KP-wide effect.
- Participates in the development of overall functional objectives and NFS goals.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of total experience.
- Minimum twelve (12) years in leading and managing design and construction activities for hospital and medical office buildings.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in negotiating and writing contracts for design consultants and contractors required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a management role overseeing completion of major design and construction projects.
- Bachelor's degree or certification in architecture, structural or electrical engineering, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in very complex organization structures such as KP labor/management partnership environment.
- Extensive knowledge in principles of architecture, engineering, and construction.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of preparing contract documents, fixed price, guaranteed maximum price, legal implications of design/build in applicable state required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to real estate and land development and health facility projects;local entitlement and permitting processes, to include compliance with DEQA; Specific knowledge of OSHPD (in California) and similar regulatory agencies practices/policies/procedures in other states.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 631205